Sponsored

Bronco Raptor reviews drop (embargo lift)

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
“Warning to Raptor trolls (you know who you are) -- don't bother and just move on. You will lose access to this section or entire site.”

Wow, not allowed to critique the Raptor? What kind of BS is that? Imagine if we weren’t allowed to critique the Wrangler on a Wrangler forum. And since I’m here, anyone who pays that money for a Ford needs an urgent psychological evaluation. What an ugly, bloated, piece of shit. Just waiting for the recalls to start.
No surprise, on one of the Mustang forums you'll get banned for talking about how hideous the 2018+ Mustangs are.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco Raptor reviews drop (embargo lift) 1655938452735

People who live in glass houses etc…
Good thing he’s got an Antirock.

I’m waiting to see the Bronco Grumper/Angry Grill.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
An f150 raptor is 5800lbs

A bronco is a lot smaller than an f150 raptor and has all the same stuff.
Actually, no. MotorTrend just tested the Raptor 37, the one that is in fact configured like the Bronco Raptor, and it's curb weight was 5,969 lbs.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2021-ford-f150-raptor-37-first-test-review/

So about 200 lbs less than the estimate for the Bronco.

There are no know vehicles with factory standard 37" tires that are lighter than the Bronco. Simple fact. If there was, it would be another Ford vehicle.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Theres plenty of threads on here about wranglers having all kinds of issues as well lol.

im sure some aftermarket companies will come out with better looking fender flares for the braptor like they do for jeeps. That’s practically a given.

despite any naysayers or haters this thing will be a homerun, just like the f150 raptor. i cant even go to the grocery store without seeing ten raptors. Wranglers are everywhere here too. As are regular broncos now. I see them daily now.
Tell me about it. I just replaced both batteries and the rear axle on my 2020 Ruby. Wrangler owners should not point fingers at other auto makers when it comes to quality. My prior JL? Remember that lag weld issue on the frames? Or how about the 8.4 issue with randomly not working for days? And maybe throw in 2 batteries and numerous fuses in a total of 18 months. We definitely need to be humble.

And yes- the wrangler crowd has grown to crazy proportions around here. Every 4th house in my neighborhood has one. So many ducks. I kid you not- I got 8 while at the movie theater a few months ago.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
right in time for a recession and sky-high interest rates! Perfect timing, Ford!
They’ll still sell every single one they make. The dealers will still have $10K markups on them too.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
That site is total trash. You do anything but gush about Bronco and you get banned. Totally can’t handle any critique. Even the thread linked to in the OP above starts off by warning “raptor trolls” to beware and stay away or they may be banned. They consider most anything not Bronco cheerleader, to be trolling.

I asked a guy a legit question about how many bypasses/winch uses he had getting his stock badlands across the Moab Trifecta and I got a temporary ban. Then fully banned for teaching someone how to interpret statistics (like explain that a chart showing percentages of categories meeting certain definitions doesn’t equate to raw numbers in each category).

Anyway, that raptor is ugly as sin. If I’m in that market, I take the 392 every single time.
I have to say that I'm more or less really pleased with this JL Forum. I've posted some less than glowing opinions on FCA, and even the Wrangler. I've gotten some responses is disagreement... but nothing bad. Peaceful disagreements are great... you can always learn something from them. Shooting people down just means they lack the emotional maturity to have a discussion... they're more interested in an echo chamber.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
I have to say that I'm more or less really pleased with this JL Forum. I've posted some less than glowing opinions on FCA, and even the Wrangler. I've gotten some responses is disagreement... but nothing bad. Peaceful disagreements are great... you can always learn something from them. Shooting people down just means they lack the emotional maturity to have a discussion... they're more interested in an echo chamber.
Exactly. Here people may disagree with you, maybe even strongly, but the mods/admin aren’t going to accuse you of being a troll and ban you just because you don’t lick the hood of every JL you see.

Over there, one critical comment about the Bronco, or one legit question about someone’s use of a bypass or winch(ie not pretending like a stock rig is all capable or invincible) and you catch hell.

Total waste of electrons, it’s honestly pathetic. I’ve been in various online message boards for the past 20yrs, that one is by far the most poorly moderated one I’ve come by. And that’s saying a lot.

And it’s telling that the admin pre-warned people not to “troll” the bronco raptor in the opening post. Such an insecure attitude.

crazy90'skid

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Silverado RCSB, 2020 JLUR
I think the fenders are that wide to mimic the Jeep look more, and to be easily taken off if you really need that wheel clearance to max out the IFS with some crazy lift, it leaves a few options which I like but I definitely am not a fan of the look, I just see there are a few similarities to the jeep style fender and benefits, just not looks, not at all.
Sponsored