Sponsored

Bronco Raptor reviews drop (embargo lift)

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Not gonna lie, if I could find one without any dealer markups, Iā€™d buy it. But that ainā€™t happeninā€™ so Iā€™m not going to bother looking at the details.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Ford needs to bring the Ranger Raptor to the US Market... But instead they want to work the Bronco over with an ugly stick.

AC87

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Service Technician
Just curious if on the Bronco Forums they really talk about Wrangler's as much as we talk about the Bronco here lmao

Anyways, wow that is hideous. If I'm paying that much for a Bronco Raptor, the skid plate and fenders look like an eBay budget build. I'm sure the performance is there, I watched TFLT video and it looked unreal however, the mark up, that's insane. No thanks. The more I see a Bronco in person the more I love my Wrangler and that's not having a Jeep bias, I actually originally wanted to get a Bronco first, it was when I drove a Wrangler Rubicon after that I quickly realized which vehicle I liked more.

Sponsored

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
That site is total trash. You do anything but gush about Bronco and you get banned. Totally canā€™t handle any critique. Even the thread linked to in the OP above starts off by warning ā€œraptor trollsā€ to beware and stay away or they may be banned. They consider most anything not Bronco cheerleader, to be trolling.

I asked a guy a legit question about how many bypasses/winch uses he had getting his stock badlands across the Moab Trifecta and I got a temporary ban. Then fully banned for teaching someone how to interpret statistics (like explain that a chart showing percentages of categories meeting certain definitions doesnā€™t equate to raw numbers in each category).

Anyway, that raptor is ugly as sin. If Iā€™m in that market, I take the 392 every single time.

Last edited:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Ford needs to bring the Ranger Raptor to the US Market... But instead they want to work the Bronco over with an ugly stick.
theyā€™ve already announced itā€™s coming next year.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Unobtanium, so what's the point?

I ask this completely seriously. Part of what's cool about, say, a JLU XR, is that you can actually order one and have it delivered at a semi-reasonable price. That gives the average man or woman something to get excited about. This is more like a Cayman GT4 RS. Cool rig, no doubt, but with the limited production and massive ADM, who really cares?

Sponsored

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
As a first time wrangler owner as of 8 days ago.

Iā€™m jealous of the bronco IFS as Iā€™m mostly on-road.
Also that suspension the rapter has is pretty awesome.

One thing I absolutely cannot get over, is how slow the broncoā€™s are using the engines they have.

There is no way in hell I would pay wrangler 392 money, get wrangler 392 gas mileage, not get 392 noises, and still get beat by a 4xe in a drag race. (Lets pretend in the real world the bronco isnā€™t $20k more)

The bronco probably drives better on-road for sure, but then the overall on-road advantage over the 392 is just completely voided by the powerplant differences.

Driving a bronco raptor
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco Raptor reviews drop (embargo lift) D29A6F50-095D-4929-9FF9-8C05C2D3D7A6

Driving a wrangler 392
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco Raptor reviews drop (embargo lift) ABA708F2-60CE-4313-A0F5-04D95153671A

Last edited:

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
For my purposes, a 2dr Bronco Badlands with the Sasquatch pkg would be attractive.

You young whippersnappers with your need for speed can have that Braptor. šŸ˜Ž