Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to see one in person, however there is ZERO way I would pay $60k for one. These vehicles are easily duplicated if you have time and money.
Sponsored

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Just saw this. Only Bronco I’ve seen that I actually like. Raptor…. In Detroit

A2B7D156-B623-4833-A10A-975EC75D3509.jpeg
Nope, I like my Jeep better, I like my daughter’s 09 JKU better too. Any of my old Jeeps are even better than that. I’m a Jeep guy, not an automotive enthusiast.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Just saw this. Only Bronco I’ve seen that I actually like. Raptor…. In Detroit

A2B7D156-B623-4833-A10A-975EC75D3509.jpeg
Those fender flares completely change the side profile. Now where have I seen that before?

Jeep Wrangler JL BRONCO Raptor. Just saw one cc_2010HUM002a_640_41U

Holy shit, it’s a mini-H3. At over double the MSRP.

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
My last 2 vehicles were a 2001 Astro van and a 2016 Nissan Juke.

My brother's last was a super clean 2008 Mustang GT with a manual transmission. That thing really hauled the mail...

I’m so sorry for you.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I saw two Broncos gavel at $150K (each) at the Mecum Auctions last month. Both Raptors. Totally stock. Compare that to a six-wheel, Hellfire-engined 2021 Gladiator that barely squeaked them out at $180K. Not a fan (that grill!), but you have to admit that it's COSTLY build.

Sponsored

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
That was my reaction too. I am not a fan of Nissans but that van looks AWESOME.
Ya, pretty sure those are the types of vans i tell my 8 year old to run away from....

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
That was my reaction too. I am not a fan of Nissans but that van looks AWESOME.
It was the LT model, so it had all the bells and whistles, one of my favorites being the independently reclining leather captains chairs throughout. I had upgraded all exterior lighting to quality led lamps and was about to lift it to fit some "big" 31's, but it got inflicted with the cel curse that was pretty common with Astros and the rebadged GMC Safaris. Turned into a money pit and time suck, trying to chase that dash light.

I was definitely a great road trip vehicle. One that stood out was a music festival a few states away. Most of the parking was in surrounding grassy fields. There was a decently sharp drop between fields, immediately followed by a dip and a rise before it kinda leveled back out. I was following a few other slow moving vehicles and noticed a crowd forming because it had just rained and the fields were getting mudded up, and most vehicles were having a hard time with that sticky section. I watched a pickup struggle and finally get through with a lot of wheel spin, followed by a passenger car that popped most of its rear bumper off, and knew than exactly why the crowd chose to tailgate there. I heard a bunch of naysaying as I lined up next, but that auto awd system just tractored right through without an ounce of trouble.

It got replaced by the awd Juke, due to the cel getting in the way of the yearly inspection. My original plan was to keep the van for a project, which would've been the lift and 31's that would provide the extra space for a v8 swap. Never ended up moving ahead with that, because a family member got into an accident and needed something to fill the gap. I sold it to them for $1 and gave permission to sell it to help go towards a longer term vehicle.

Apologies for the babbling. 🤪

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Ya, pretty sure those are the types of vans i tell my 8 year old to run away from....
Hahahahaha!!!

More babble, because that brings to mind another story that ties into my previous babbling.

My father was the family member who needed the stop gap vehicle. He's always been a full size van person, because he's always moving small equipment and parts around. He also uses it to carry his motorcycle. The van he lost, due to an idiot that ignored a stop sign and jumped out of a side road into a main road, was a 99 Chevy 3500 extended wheelbase with a diesel...
Jeep Wrangler JL BRONCO Raptor. Just saw one part0

And the story: He got pulled over on the way home after a late work night. The cop decided to check the rear of the windowless van, and saw nothing but a couple of furniture covers and bundles of rope tied off to all 4 corners of the cargo area. He then asked my father flat out, "who are you tying up in the back?". Trying his best not to laugh, my old man explained what the rope was really for. If there wasn't a ramp half hiding under the covers, who knows what would've happened to him. :LOL:
Sponsored