Sponsored

Bronco Raptor edition = longer life cycle for 392 ??

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Looks pretty cool to me. Though as @JLUin818 mentioned, Ford's ability to actually deliver vehicles recently has been particularly poor.

Smoke and mirrors media fluff or a vehicle they will deliver to all willing buyers? We will see.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The issue is the bronco raptor is IFS not solid axle. Comparing the 392 to the bronco raptor is like comparing the rebel to the raptor.
the motor comparison is not the main topic that should be talked about. Because they are building a vehicle that they will take to Baja and race and then market it as a dual threat. Making it a “Mojave” wrangler isn’t going to make the Jeep any more comparable. They just aren’t in the same category to compare. I also believe the 392 is short lived. When people are taking a hemi and putting it in to their Jeep for a few grand then Jeep comes out and says here’s our version for a small 80k i don’t think that it had the sells they were looking for.
just a few grand.

34FE4F03-344F-4F5B-B4FC-9ECD28CA9E32.png

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Whatever Ford puts out that keeps the 392 in production longer i'm ok with. I need one in my life but just not ready yet.

Sargeoverland

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu
just a few grand.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco Raptor edition = longer life cycle for 392 ?? 34FE4F03-344F-4F5B-B4FC-9ECD28CA9E32
Yeah, a few grand. Most people doing conversions are pulling a junk yard motor. Not having a company do it. And not doing a full suspension change in the process. So yes, a few grand. Same as doing an ls swap.
If you go buy a crate motor from anywhere you’re going to pay top dollar. You’re also adding the price of their warranty with installation. Guarantee their installation price is 15k alone. So again, yes a few grand. But I’m glad you felt the need to screen shot the first price on a website you found. Go to the forum and look up swaps. Everyone will go over what they spent. It’s not a lot.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The great thing about Ford announcing (via Bronco Nation) the 37s this early on, is that Jeep will be forced (hopefully), to release the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Ultra Xtreme Recon (JWURUXR) with 37s.

Ford single handedly finally pushed Jeep from 33 to 35 and now hopefully to 37s in a span of 2 years, while Jeep previously took a decade+ to go from 32 (JK) to 33 (JL).

Last edited:

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
The great thing about Ford announcing (via Bronco Nation) the 37s this early on, is that Jeep will be forced (hopefully), to release the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Ultra Xtreme Recon (JWURUXR) with 37s.

Ford single handedly finally pushed Jeep for 33 to 35 and now hopefully to 37s in a span of 2 years, while Jeep previously took a decade+ to go from 32 (JK) to 33 (JL).
Exactly what I am thinking. Your move Jeep!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Yeah, a few grand. Most people doing conversions are pulling a junk yard motor. Not having a company do it. And not doing a full suspension change in the process. So yes, a few grand. Same as doing an ls swap.
If you go buy a crate motor from anywhere you’re going to pay top dollar. You’re also adding the price of their warranty with installation. Guarantee their installation price is 15k alone. So again, yes a few grand. But I’m glad you felt the need to screen shot the first price on a website you found. Go to the forum and look up swaps. Everyone will go over what they spent. It’s not a lot.
I don’t believe for a minute that “most” people with hemi swapped wranglers did the work themselves.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator

Ford single handedly finally pushed Jeep for 33 to 35 and now hopefully to 37s in a span of 2 years, while Jeep previously took a decade+ to go from 32 (JK) to 33 (JL).
This :like: Force Jeep to keep delivering/evolving.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Ultra Xtreme Recon 392 (JWURUXR392) don’t forget the 392 now

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Saw my first Bronco in person Sunday. It looked great. Bigger and beefier than the Wrangler for sure.

20211107_082354.jpg

20211107_082405.jpg

20211107_082723.jpg

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
As long as every 392 they make, and it isn’t that many, are sold, Jeep will continue to build them. The profit margin is huge.

The only thing that will stop them is compliance with whatever regulations may pass or a lack of sales. If 392s sit in inventory at dealers for months, Jeep will likely quit offering the engine rather than discount them.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Saw my first Bronco in person Sunday. It looked great. Bigger and beefier than the Wrangler for sure.

20211107_082354.jpg

20211107_082405.jpg

20211107_082723.jpg
I so want to love these Bronco’s as I’m usually a Ford before GM or MOPAR guy, and I absolutely drooled over my friends old classic 60’s and early 70’s broncos back in highschool. But in person they just look so cheaply made and flimsy. And I also have considerable nostalgia for the Jeep design and miss the old CJ something fierce.

Still, I’ll admit, it was Ford’s announcement of this new Bronco that got me looking into a 4x4 again this past year.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
This :like: Force Jeep to keep delivering/evolving.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw
-Steven
Won't that cut into your aftermarket/build business?

I mean, if I could buy a factory Jeep on 37s, with a winch and skid-plates with full factory warranty, I would not touch a thing.

I loved modifying my Jeep (even though I was on my back on jack stands for a few days). But I hate having to argue with Jeep/Dealer over warranty because of my mods.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
It costs close to $15K on top of whatever junkyard motor and trans you find.
Sponsored