Sponsored

Bronco Raptor edition = longer life cycle for 392 ??

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Ford teased today a Raptor version of the Bronco Coming out in 2022.

I think this is good news. Not because I want a Bronco but because the 392 may get a longer model version shelf life.

Some have speculated the 392 won’t be offered long.

Don’t know if that’s true or not but maybe this helps keep the 392 offered longer cause I really want one (not need or can afford)
Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Probably doesn't matter either way. A small amount of people are buying the 392. Seems like most cry about it even existing as if somebody is going to force them to buy it.

Reactions: J0E

Sargeoverland

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu
The issue is the bronco raptor is IFS not solid axle. Comparing the 392 to the bronco raptor is like comparing the rebel to the raptor.
the motor comparison is not the main topic that should be talked about. Because they are building a vehicle that they will take to Baja and race and then market it as a dual threat. Making it a “Mojave” wrangler isn’t going to make the Jeep any more comparable. They just aren’t in the same category to compare. I also believe the 392 is short lived. When people are taking a hemi and putting it in to their Jeep for a few grand then Jeep comes out and says here’s our version for a small 80k i don’t think that it had the sells they were looking for.

OP
OP
Jeepmarkjl

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
The issue is the bronco raptor is IFS not solid axle. Comparing the 392 to the bronco raptor is like comparing the rebel to the raptor.
the motor comparison is not the main topic that should be talked about. Because they are building a vehicle that they will take to Baja and race and then market it as a dual threat. Making it a “Mojave” wrangler isn’t going to make the Jeep any more comparable. They just aren’t in the same category to compare. I also believe the 392 is short lived. When people are taking a hemi and putting it in to their Jeep for a few grand then Jeep comes out and says here’s our version for a small 80k i don’t think that it had the sells they were looking for.
I know theyre not the same and am sticking to Jeep. I’m just wondering if Bronco having their version of a high performance version will keep the 392 around longer that’s all. maybe maybe not.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Bringing up Baja race trucks reminds me of the bronco reveal movie last year. They kept showing race trucks, while equating the bronco to them, but fail to mention one tiny detail. That Baja race trucks use long arm ifs, not the short arm ifs that is found on the Bronco and other commuter suvs.

Ford should focus on managing to get product "A" out the door before worrying about "B". And you'd think that they'd have learned their lesson with over hyping and under delivering.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I did see a sweet Defender make a U-Turn over a small median today, was pretty impressive. Probably gonna give the JL a run for it’s money.

Sargeoverland

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu
I know theyre not the same and am sticking to Jeep. I’m just wondering if Bronco having their version of a high performance version will keep the 392 around longer that’s all. maybe maybe not.
Calling them both high performance is apples to oranges. Even then the bronco was never really a Jeep competitor it’s always been bigger and seemed closer to the blazer. The reason people compare is doors and top. Even with that you’d be better off comparing it to a 4Runner or the likes of those. They will never flex out as much as a wrangler does but a wrangler has its set backs with it’s solid axel vs the ifs.
the “Baja” trucks that Ford specifically takes to Baja are pretty much stock minus the safety equipment. And hey it’s okay to say that these shouldn’t be compared. Because really they shouldn’t. Now that’s my opinion and others can disagree but really what do they have that’s specific between the raptor and 392 besides the top and doors.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Calling them both high performance is apples to oranges. Even then the bronco was never really a Jeep competitor it’s always been bigger and seemed closer to the blazer. The reason people compare is doors and top. Even with that you’d be better off comparing it to a 4Runner or the likes of those. They will never flex out as much as a wrangler does but a wrangler has its set backs with it’s solid axel vs the ifs.
the “Baja” trucks that Ford specifically takes to Baja are pretty much stock minus the safety equipment. And hey it’s okay to say that these shouldn’t be compared. Because really they shouldn’t. Now that’s my opinion and others can disagree but really what do they have that’s specific between the raptor and 392 besides the top and doors.
FSB was a different time, and as you mention a different market. I still regret getting rid of my 95 FSB, but at best it could have been a mud or street truck.
The blazer/2 door Tahoe was definitely the closest you could get through the 99 change.
The wrangler is by far the better crawler, but a half ton two door bronco would get my order for a convertible truck.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I did see a sweet Defender make a U-Turn over a small median today, was pretty impressive. Probably gonna give the JL a run for it’s money.
Funny I just drove pass this decked out, from the factory, it defender today. Typical OC woman driving it. Gave me that look like she was in the club. I’m not buying it haha. If she likes her car, I’m fine with that but it truly doesn’t look ready for the off road.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
would be funny if people were getting Raptor Broncos delivered late next year while others were still waiting for their First Edition Broncos :LOL:
Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me. You remember this forum during the 18 into 19 model years?
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco Raptor edition = longer life cycle for 392 ?? ffghujjb