Bronco on 37’s on Rubicon Trail.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
it looked great out there as to be expected. professional driver, lifted, larger tires, capability to edit out anything that would make the bronco look bad, etc. would have been more entertaining to watch a stock bronco first.
You are being unreasonable. Would you take a stock Jeep on that trail?

The Bronco looked good out there. It just looks a bit weird when one wheel goes up in the air.

This is just the beginning. I am looking forward to getting reports from forum members when their friends start going offroading with them in Broncos. That will be fun.
Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
While that modified Bronco was eating up the Rubicon, I noticed that blue Ranger trailing it went right through the same terrain.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I’m a little impressed too. I kept thinking of the Bronco as a Ford Ranger with a SUV body on it. But, you can‘t get a Ranger with front or rear locking diffs, or 4.7 gears, or a disconnect-able sway bar. And the Bronco is obviously way more capable then a 4 Runner or FJ Cruiser.
The goat at the end is priceless...I am still laughing:CWL:

Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
These companies are not going to ramp up production when there are like 10,000 Broncos out there. It’s gonna take a while.
They will be hot to get in to the market to be a select few to offer aftermarket part at inflated price.

OP
OP
Glamisfan

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
What was the clicking noise all through the video? I thought it did well modified.
I think it was the rear tires hitting the flare or wheel well?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Glamisfan

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
It was pretty consistent when suspension was crossed up. My jeep did that until I got the liners clearanced enough so it sounded familiar.

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I enjoyed it but not enough comparison stuff, I wanted to see the Jeep and Bronco go through the same bits. I skimmed through the video and the only bit I saw that they both did the Bronco started to lift a rear and get light, lost grip and slid sideways, these are the tricky bits where lockers don't help and keeping rubber on the rocks is important, other than that it reminded me of most of the locked twin cab utes we have here in Australia when offroad, Ok/Fun but still not as sure footed as SFA when all the wheels are on the ground.

Sponsored

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
it looked great out there as to be expected. professional driver, lifted, larger tires, capability to edit out anything that would make the bronco look bad, etc. would have been more entertaining to watch a stock bronco first.
There are lots of stock Bronco on the Rubicon videos out there.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Rubicon trail? Where are the high speed desert bombing videos I was led to believe would naturally result from the Bronco’s IFS?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I watched the video all the way through. Two things came to mind.

1. it lifted tires off the ground so many times, that I lost track. There will be a lot of flopped Broncos out on the trail. The up side is that if you do get a flat, you will not need a jack to change the tire, a medium size rock placed right will lift what ever tire you need to change off the ground. I have to wonder how many tire lifts were not shown..... A skilled driver definitely made up for the Bronco short coming on the trail.

2. as Brittany said there is a pro and con to everything. Pro for the Bronco will have good road manners, the con will be many things will be sacrificed off road.

At the end of the day, it made it through the Rubicon trail. There was obviously a lot of rock stacking that did not make it into the video. That is no big deal, but is was misleading on how easy it did the trail. Also when Kevin down played that hey as long as you have lockers, It doesn't matter that you have tires in the air was just silly, as all of us know or at least I would think all of us would know that four tires with traction is always better that three or two tires with traction.

With similar builds and similar driver skills, the Bronco will not be following the Jeeps everywhere. Just remember this Bronco had coil over suspension and was lifting tires everywhere. Even though this was a prototype, the set up will not be a $1000 lift that takes you everywhere on 37s. Like anything, if you throw enough money at it, it will eventually get it done.

I am waiting for Lite Brite to get their Bronco and then make a 5 things I hate about the Bronco video. Maybe remake their first videos that they did with the JLUR but with the Bronco.

Last edited:

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I’m impressed! I’m still on the fence whether or not to keep my Day 1 Bronco order…have a 392 XR on the way. A 2dr Bronco on 37s could be a nice addition to the garage! There’s pros and cons to each vehicle. I don’t get the blind brand loyalty then again I’ve never been brand loyal. I’m all for more vehicle options to get people out on the trails!
Personally I think a 392 XR will have a fun factor that the Bronco can't match. But it's certainly not the most practical vehicle. Like you said, pros and cons.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I watched the video all the way through. Two things came to mind.

1. it lifted tires off the ground so many times, that I lost track. There will be a lot of flopped Broncos out on the trail. The up side is that if you do get a flat, you will not need a jack to change the tire, a medium size rock placed right will lift what ever tire you need to change off the ground. I have to wonder how many tire lifts were not shown..... A skilled driver definitely made up for the Bronco short coming on the trail.

2. as Brittany said there is a pro and con to everything. Pro for the Bronco will have good road manners, the con will be many things will be sacrificed off road.

At the end of the day, it made it through the Rubicon trail. There was obviously a lot of rock stacking that did not make it into the video. That is no big deal, but is was misleading on how easy it did the trail. Also when Kevin down played that hey as long as you have lockers, It doesn't matter that you have tires in the air was just silly, as all of us know or at least I would think all of us would know that four tires with traction is always better that three or two tires with traction.

With similar builds and similar driver skills, the Bronco will not be following the Jeeps everywhere. Just remember this Bronco had coil over suspension and was lifting tires everywhere. Even though this was a prototype, the set up will not be a $1000 lift that takes you everywhere on 37s. Like anything, if you throw enough money at it, it will eventually get it done.

I am waiting for Lite Brite to get their Bronco and then make a 5 things I hate about the Bronco video. Maybe remake their first videos that they did with the JLUR but with the Bronco.
Agreed.

However, it looks like a good solution for people who want a daily driver that is capable of some light to medium trails on the weekend. These are the people who complain about their Jeep's steering issues.

I think Jeeps are better looking vehicles. It remains to be seen what happens with those people who choose a Jeep because they like how it looks.

Either way, it should push FCA to take another look at the inconsistent steering between individual units.
Sponsored