Bronco on 37’s on Rubicon Trail.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Really good video about Loren Healey’s Fun Haver Bronco. 37 Nitto’s, Fox Coilovers, etc. Looks good to me other than the lack of articulation and not enough travel.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
After market products start with prototypes. These prototypes are then tested. Those that survive the testing become products.

Many of the after market companies are run by offroad enthusiasts. They do a lot of the product testing themselves.

The Bronco after market has started to kick in.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Even with coilovers and 37’s it looks tippy, I predict a lot of 2 door bronco flop videos coming. A professional driver can take a modified bronco on 37’s through the same trail we’ve run in tj’s, xj’s, and wj’s on 35’s or smaller? No surprise there. I‘ve made it from soup bowl all the way to Tahoe with no rear drive shaft in my old xj on 35’s without winching or getting pulled. A Honda Civic with 37’s and a locked dif could make it with a good driver.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
it looked great out there as to be expected. professional driver, lifted, larger tires, capability to edit out anything that would make the bronco look bad, etc. would have been more entertaining to watch a stock bronco first.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
I’m impressed! I’m still on the fence whether or not to keep my Day 1 Bronco order…have a 392 XR on the way. A 2dr Bronco on 37s could be a nice addition to the garage! There’s pros and cons to each vehicle. I don’t get the blind brand loyalty then again I’ve never been brand loyal. I’m all for more vehicle options to get people out on the trails!

OP
OP
Glamisfan

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I’m a little impressed too. I kept thinking of the Bronco as a Ford Ranger with a SUV body on it. But, you can‘t get a Ranger with front or rear locking diffs, or 4.7 gears, or a disconnect-able sway bar. And the Bronco is obviously way more capable then a 4 Runner or FJ Cruiser.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I’m a little impressed too. I kept thinking of the Bronco as a Ford Ranger with a SUV body on it. But, you can‘t get a Ranger with front or rear locking diffs, or 4.7 gears, or a disconnect-able sway bar. And the Bronco is obviously way more capable then a 4 Runner or FJ Cruiser.
I guarantee a 2 door Bronco does exactly what the fj did if taking the same bad line. The 4 door is more capable in off camber situations due to the wheelbase, the same as a jlu vs a jl. The suspensions are virtually identical. A geared and locked 4 runner on 35's will drive the same as a Bronco. I'm betting we see a lot of rolled broncos in the coming years as the lack of articulation in those other comparable rigs would lead to a lack of traction before the tipping point. Give a novice driver a tippy, limited articulation rig with lockers and they will have enough traction to push past the tipping point.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
These companies are not going to ramp up production when there are like 10,000 Broncos out there. It’s gonna take a while.