graytag

graytag

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe, Sold-3 TJs, 1 YJ
I have no loyalty towards Jeep. This is my first one. I'm enjoying it but the brand means nothing to me.
Welcome to the family and, if there's any example I can set, it's never say the B word on this form again. I exist so that others may learn.
Sponsored

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Welcome to the family and, if there's any example I can set, it's never say the B word on this form again. I exist so that others may learn.
I figure that I can offer a pretty neutral perspective as someone who chose Jeep but isn't a fanboy either.

I will say that one area where the "b word" is vastly superior is in engine choices. Yes, you can get a 392 and a diesel. But those are both big buck upgrades.

The other vehicle offers a turbo 4 that is about equivalent to our V6 and turbo 4.

But for $2k you can get a twin turbo V6 that moves it along quite well. We don't have an equivalent, reasonably priced gas motor upgrade.

I'm pretty happy with my truck, but one thing that would motivate me to replace it with another Gladiator is the Hurricane turbo 6 engine.

I'd never buy a launch year engine but in a few years would be interested in it.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
It does my heart good to hear this.

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
I find it humorous how people on this and other Jeep forums praise Ford for pushing Jeep to innovative then get all butt hurt when someone says the “B” word. I enjoy reading about all off road vehicles and people’s different perspectives. I get it to some degree - people on Ford forums act childish too.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I find it humorous how people on this and other Jeep forums praise Ford for pushing Jeep to innovative then get all butt hurt when someone says the “B” word. I enjoy reading about all off road vehicles and people’s different perspectives. I get it to some degree - people on Ford forums act childish too.
I don't think we're butt hurt... at least I'm not. I simply don't get it, this is a Wrangler Forum so why come here with your hard on for any other vehicle? If I want to read about FJs or Broncos or Prius I'll go to THEIR forum.

Sponsored

mtbjeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I don't think we're butt hurt... at least I'm not. I simply don't get it, this is a Wrangler Forum so why come here with your hard on for any other vehicle? If I want to read about FJs or Broncos or Prius I'll go to THEIR forum.
Well, this is the only real competition for the wrangler, since like, well forever. So it is going to spark a lot of conversations, like it or not.

Personally I have a number of friends that own them and my wife wants one. I find them pretty ugly, both in and out, and the more you mod them the uglier they get. I love my Jeep; I wish I bought one 30 years ago. But if something comes along that actually blows it out of the water, I'm not stupid.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a Bronco Bandlands Sasquatch (cactus grey) in February and was excited to get it until I drove one for a day while my Durango was in the shop (brother is a dealer and had one on his lot).

I agree the interior was the biggest turnoff for me. The screen was amazing, but all of the other controls are way below your sightline. Plastic is extra scratch prone and there is alot of it.

Second was the door glass. I just couldn't get past the glass wiggling every time I opened the door.
I cant imagine that the gasketing is going to last over a few years.

A month after driving it I ordered a JLURXR after seeing the earl color. It will be my 4th jeep. 93 YJ, 97 TJ, 07 JK.
Same here.

Bronco’s cheap plastics and wobbly windows make a terrible first impression. I found it hard to see beyond that.

And then I noticed the badges that look like fridge magnets, the chintzy finish on the hardtop, the tacky wheel “flares,” the cheap looking LEDs.

No thank you.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Just to clarify... dick comments will abound when posting love poems about the Bronco on the WRANGLER JL FORUM.
^^^ he gets it.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I figure that I can offer a pretty neutral perspective as someone who chose Jeep but isn't a fanboy either.

I will say that one area where the "b word" is vastly superior is in engine choices. Yes, you can get a 392 and a diesel. But those are both big buck upgrades.

The other vehicle offers a turbo 4 that is about equivalent to our V6 and turbo 4.

But for $2k you can get a twin turbo V6 that moves it along quite well. We don't have an equivalent, reasonably priced gas motor upgrade.
I don't see how anybody that isn't a fanboy could objectively come up with that conclusion. Especially when Jeeps upgraded engines blow away the 2.7, offer variety and their base engines offer a N/A + Turbo. Not just two turbos.

Weight needs to be considered when judging HP and Torque. The Bronco, depending on configuration, is 400-600 lbs heavier than the Wrangler.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco Interior- what am I missing? broncowranglercompared-1-final-1626886710-png-

Sponsored

chicknwaffles

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 rubicon
oh yeah…the cup holders…they SUCK in both!! Only 2 front and 2 back in the armrest with each vehicle.
I actually dig the cup holders in my rubicon!

Comparing whatever you drive to the closest competitor is natural. And in the usa it's obviously the bronco, particularly the badlands trim.

For me it was an easy win for jeep. I wanted to take advantage of the used car market trade in value. Since ford crapped the money bed on building bronco's it wasn't a hard decision. didn't want to wait a year +.

having said that anyone complaining about miles of plastic hasn't looked inside the wrangler either. most of the surfaces are indeed plastic.

I will address that this is in no way worth the 60+k msrp ( I paid less) car prices have gone insane. that is across the board, but for the wrangler it's insane. Had to swallow that pill though, the wrangler has no direct competition aside from the bronco.

I don't think I would have gotten a much better or much worse vehicle with the bronco, just different.

competition drives innovation. And people here should be thankful for that. There is a reason the XR package came out, and it wasn't jeeps quick thinking, it was because of competition. Wondered for a long time why jeep never had 35's from the factory, and boom, they did it! that was a big selling point for me. A more or less from the factory solution.

Last edited:

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
When the Bronco crosses the Darien Gap then we talk. Until then, it’s just another SAV.

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I don't see how anybody that isn't a fanboy could objectively come up with that conclusion. Especially when Jeeps upgraded engines blow away the 2.7, offer variety and their base engines offer a N/A + Turbo. Not just two turbos.

Weight needs to be considered when judging HP and Torque. The Bronco, depending on configuration, is 400-600 lbs heavier than the Wrangler.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco Interior- what am I missing? broncowranglercompared-1-final-1626886710-png-
Have you driven both?

I didn't think so.

What these tests don't convey is how the accelerate at moderate RPM.

My 3.6 does great at 5000 rpm. But at moderate rpm there isn't a whole lot going on.

In town, it does great. On the highway, even the slightest incline requires a 1 or 2 gear downshift.

In these tests, the driver puts his foot to the floor and the transmission runs the engine to redline and only then shifts. These tests tell you what the vehicle can do with your foot on the floor.

They do not entirely convey how it drives in the real world. A perfect example of this right in the jeep world is the diesel vs gas. Flat out, foot to the floor, the gas car is at least as fast and sometimes faster.

But in real world, partial throttle driving, the diesel feels effortless. Its the same thing.

The 2.7t Bronco feels effortless.
psst. I bought the Jeep so I'm hardly a Bronco fanboy.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Have you driven both?

I didn't think so.

What these tests don't convey is how the accelerate at moderate RPM.

My 3.6 does great at 5000 rpm. But at moderate rpm there isn't a whole lot going on.

In town, it does great. On the highway, even the slightest incline requires a 1 or 2 gear downshift.

In these tests, the driver puts his foot to the floor and the transmission runs the engine to redline and only then shifts. These tests tell you what the vehicle can do with your foot on the floor.

They do not entirely convey how it drives in the real world. A perfect example of this right in the jeep world is the diesel vs gas. Flat out, foot to the floor, the gas car is at least as fast and sometimes faster.

But in real world, partial throttle driving, the diesel feels effortless. Its the same thing.

The 2.7t Bronco feels effortless.
psst. I bought the Jeep so I'm hardly a Bronco fanboy.
Have you driven the 2.0? Didn't think so.

You're describing the same exact driving characteristics the 2.0 has. Except it's not an upgraded engine and is complimented by 3 other choices that aren't turbos. Saying the Bronco's engine choices are "vastly superior" is flat out wrong and makes for a very poor choice of wording.
Sponsored