First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I agree. I despise the red dash, absolutely hate it. Our Punk’n Jeep will have a red dash, WHY JEEP, WHY!!!
Yank it, put in a new one. Have jeep do it. Daughters rubi now has a black leather dash. Looks awesome!
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
many people obviously love it.

They can't build them fast enough is their problem
I’d argue Ford is building them too fast, judging by all the problems Bronco owners are reporting.

Jeep has never been a benchmark in quality control, and still isn’t. That’s not the reason we buy them. But, in my experience, the Jeep community is open about discussing —and sharing information— on quality problems.

Ford fans, on the other hand, are not the brightest IMO. They take whatever cheap crap Ford throws at them and eat it up with a smile on their face.

If you say anything negative on the forums about their beloved Ford, the Ford fanboys will stone you to death.

No thanks.

chicknwaffles

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 rubicon
I’d argue Ford is building them too fast, judging by all the problems Bronco owners are reporting.

Jeep has never been a benchmark in quality control, and still isn’t. That’s not the reason we buy them. But, in my experience, the Jeep community is open about discussing —and sharing information— on quality problems.

Ford fans, on the other hand, are not the brightest IMO. They take whatever cheap crap Ford throws at them and eat it up with a smile on their face.

If you say anything negative on the forums about their beloved Ford, the Ford fanboys will stone you to death.

No thanks.
you think people that buy ford's aren't bright? That is a weird assumption to make.

As a side note, these products aren't the most reliable either. Thats just how it goes. You take the good and the bad

Matanzas

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford fans, on the other hand, are not the brightest IMO.
LOL - yes, as evidenced by their inability to use the search feature on this forum to find and comment in any of the many existing bronco threads...and of course because they like broncos. :)

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not disappointed to see a Bronco discussion on a Jeep forum, because it highlights the differences and opinions, and pulls people out of the wings to give their experiences with it. What they liked that Ford did, what Stellantis needs to look at, what Ford really screwed up on, etc.

We're sold on the Wrangler, it fits our needs very well. I strongly considered a 2 door Bronco at one point, it was the only other rig in the running. Put side to side, the 500 extra lbs of weight of a 4 cylinder Black Diamond really put me off. 4500 lbs is too damn much for that motor, and we didn't want a premium gas off roader. I don't care if it will run on 87, it runs POORLY on 87, I've owned that motor.

Knowing Ford, first and second year anything by them is where they use the market to do their durability testing. I KNEW that it would break if used hard, that's Ford. Then the dealers wanted a pound of flesh just because they could, and we said never again.

For us, Ford shot themselves in the ass because of the shopping experience we had. Their dealers gouged so bad, that we seriously saw them as criminals, and it put us off looking at Ford, ever again. If Ford is reading this forum, read that again. EVER AGAIN. That's right, no new Fords for us because they effed up the Bronco ordering and delivery process so badly, and their dealers acted so badly, that we will never consider them again.

I'm not a brand fanboi, I'm not thinking Stellantis is going to be a stellar company to work with. I think they're going to be about the bottom line, not the enthusiast. I wasn't super excited when they announced the merger. They happen to own Jeep right now, and we wanted a Jeep. I'm hoping we can continue to get parts past the 7-10 year mark. But the aftermarket will probably kick in when the factory starts to pull parts.
Holy crap don't encourage bad behavior. I couldn't even bring myself to read your entire thread and the little time I did spend I will never get back.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
LOL - yes, as evidenced by their inability to use the search feature on this forum to find and comment in any of the many existing bronco threads...and of course because they like broncos. :)
Preach it brother!!!!!!

gjeepguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 YJ, 1997 TJ, 2007 JKUL, 2023 JLURXR (order)
I ordered a Bronco Bandlands Sasquatch (cactus grey) in February and was excited to get it until I drove one for a day while my Durango was in the shop (brother is a dealer and had one on his lot).

I agree the interior was the biggest turnoff for me. The screen was amazing, but all of the other controls are way below your sightline. Plastic is extra scratch prone and there is alot of it.

Second was the door glass. I just couldn't get past the glass wiggling every time I opened the door. I cant imagine that the gasketing is going to last over a few years.

A month after driving it I ordered a JLURXR after seeing the earl color. It will be my 4th jeep. 93 YJ, 97 TJ, 07 JK.

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
I used to think this was a domestic dealer issue as well.

But for the past four months my brother has been trying to have TWO Mazda dealers fix an engine hesitation on his 2022 CX-3.

At first they didn’t know what’s wrong. The first dealer then started making up stories about a “mysterious substance” in the fuel tank and was given a $1,000 quote to have it fixed. The second dealer still hasn’t determined what’s wrong.

As vehicles keep getting increasingly complex, the degree of competence across dealers continues to drop below subsistence levels.
The OEM's are playing it close to the shirt with information in many respects. We have a clear understanding of how to diagnose sensor issues, we can read input and output waveforms, we can read resistance values and test harnesses, etc. We CANNOT get the information on programming, tuning, load tables, mixture tables, etc. ALL proprietary. We're in the dark if it isn't setting a fault. Drivability with engines is what it is, programming is fixed, EPA mandated, and off limits. Once it passes the test cycle, it cannot be changed in any way. It's not mainly the dealer competency level, but that is a factor depending.

Fuel is the big bugaboo. Hesitation is lean, that's what causes it. If the ECM control range is exceeded with a load of weak gas, hesitation is the result. Try changing to premium FROM A DIFFERENT STATION and run a couple tanks through, see what happens. The OEM's have no control over local fuel formulation. We can do a simple ethanol test here, and have found 12-14% blended gas. It's not usually the car, the factory tuning was validated over a wide range of conditions. BUT, they rarely test and validate for bad gas.

Local formulation plays a big part. We can get fuel here in Idaho that was refined in Utah, or we can get fuel refined in Washington, piped to North of Portland, and trucked over. The fuel from the NW is NOT as good as the stuff from Utah as far as consistency. Better luck with Sinclair, and we can still get 91 non-ethanol whereas the fuel from Washington is now mixed before it hits the trucks, and then touched up again locally (ethanol added if some evaporates). The Utah gas is better for consistency. Most of the local stations are getting the Washington refined stuff, no matter what brand. All comes from the same supplier except for the Utah gas.

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Holy crap don't encourage bad behavior. I couldn't even bring myself to read your entire thread and the little time I did spend I will never get back.
Your choice, but it you wanna be a dick, don't expect a Christmas card.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor

No thanks.
Kind of a dick comment but whatever. I’ve owned two Raptors and while there were some quality issues with the interior I never had one mechanical issue with either one. I’ve owned many jeeps (cherokees and wranglers) and have had tons of problems; some so bad I traded them.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just to clarify... dick comments will abound when posting love poems about the Bronco on the WRANGLER JL FORUM.

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave

No thanks.
I will give you your last sentence, they’re a bunch of cry baby bitches on the Bronco website. They cry if they hear the word Jeep and immediately go into a tirade about why Jeeps suck.

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I have a confession, in weak moments, I catch myself admiring a new Bronco. I’ve had 3 TJs, a YJ and my current 4Xe lest you bust my chops too quickly. My temporary wandering eye is fixed when I see the interior of the Bronco. I hate the way the mon leather seats look and don’t find the dash appealing. It looks cheap whereas I find the JL clean, functional and more modern. Most auto reviewers disagree with me.
I have no loyalty towards Jeep. This is my first one. I'm enjoying it but the brand means nothing to me.

I was an early reservation holder on the new Bronco. I cancelled my order when I saw two things.
1) how cheap and crappy the interior was - it really does feel and look like a mid 90s economy car as far as how the plastic and rubber bits are made. The Jeep interior in contrast looks and feels much nicer.

The Bronco's interior is noticeably larger. But my family and I aren't big people and don't need any more interior space than the Gladiator/Wrangler offers.

2) how small the cargo space was. I was hoping for something with more room than the Wrangler, but if its larger, its only marginally larger.

I ended up getting a Gladiator with a topper to meet my cargo space needs.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco Interior- what am I missing? 1673467396352
Sponsored