Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 743 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Even with the 392 in the Wrangler I just don't see it happening..with the inline 6 with turbo scheduled in a couple years.
Well, to be honest, if a Hemi happens, I don't think it's anything more than a stopgap until the I6 is ready.

Acting as if they're giving fans what they've wanted is likely just an ex post facto rationalization.

I felt the same when they touted the low bed walls of the JT compared to other trucks. It's nice, but the bed wall height was clearly designed to match the body line on the cab. The convenient height was just an added benefit.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is climate control and street legal that important to you? Not knocking the choice at all...but it all depends on the primary use of the vehicle.
Not sure I understand the question. If Jeep comes out with the 392, I assume it will be street legal.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I said this earlier on a F/B page, I'm glad someone worked it out. All of the hype about best in class is just that "hype" you can drive off of the dealer lot with 35's and a 2'" lift on a Jeep. Heck, my Dealer asked me if I wanted the lift and 37's!!! that stuff just doesn't come in a fancy "package" which I wouldn't have added anyway, because it's cheaper to go at it on your own, If you compare just a Rubicon with say 35's and a 2" lift against the Wildtrak. the Rubicon is clearly the better rig of the 2 (IMO). From what I see it would be better in everything except power train, I have a 3.6 and came from a V8 truck and honestly, I feel that my 3.6 plus 8spd handles the mountains way better then the V8. sure the power and torque would be great on the trails. But it hasn't stopped my JLUR from billy goating over or through anything. Then theres the possibly price and on paper the Bronco looks like the winner. However, I doubt the actual price of the Wildtrak will be lower then a JL/JLUR with a dealer installed 2" lift and 35's, right? I am not knocking it at all, I actually like it (for the most part) and I think it will be a highly capable competitor for most off-roading. I am just trying to be a realest and it definitely doesn't blow a JLR/JLUR away If this was out in 2019 when I picked up my JLUR, I am sure I would have taken a look at it and if I ever get the urge to get a new vehicle, I am sure I'll drive by a Ford lot to take a glance but I don't think this is anything to jump ship over especially when you'll be floating for a while why you wait for a "new" boat.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Typical Ford marketing BS, send 100$ so we can bloviate, look at the Demand here LOL

While the fine print boiler plate says they dont gaurantee an OJ Launch edition or what they call it after you pledged your 100$.

Also what does one pay for said launch edition, will they bitch when they dont get 7% below invoice like they do here LOL

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Just saw the specs for a Bronco and I am comfortable to say that I will stay with team Jeep. I am not too big on turbo charged engines and Ford did not give a naturally aspirated option. Reliability is key for me and the Pentastar is a true and tested work horse. Don’t care about features as majority of JL or Bronco owners (including me) won’t be constantly off roading. What do you think? Feel free to vote and comment!
This is your survey, and you are free to place the responses you wish to hear in it.

Let me propose another idea. Whether you're in the Wrangler, Bronco, both, or neither camps in terms of ownership interest, the Bronco is good for everyone, except maybe FCA and dealers--and even dealers might rightfully disagree.

It's about competition. It's about each company having alternative product to choose from. It's about each company not being able to act more like a monopsonist (supplier of one.) It's about more features being included in base models, less cost, less options cost, more for the money, greater quality and all the other good things that come out of good ole fashion fair capitalistic competition.

It's about aftermarket companies who feel they've saturated their market demand for Wrangler products now making Bronco ones as well and staying afloat, feeding their employees and not going bankrupt so we Wrangler owners still get someone to return our inquiries.

I love my Wrangler. It's right now the vehicle I prefer over the Bronco. But I love some of the new ideas in features the Bronco brings and have enormous respect for the Ford engineers who worked on it.

I love that each company is watching the other to not replicate less than well received product, and offer or surpass the competitor's product that's loved.

By way of hypothetical example:

@jscherb Jeff: check your answering machine: FCA called. They see Bronco's new modular hard top and want you to advise them on how to design their top similarly--which you always knew how to do. ;)

Jeff's genius :

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hardtop-summer-storage.44894/post-988854

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What I meant is: What are you gaining by buying a new Jeep with the bigger engine and swapping in tons and bigger tires? What's the end goal?
Just enjoying the fruits of my 40 years of working my ass off....... lol.. I’ve always wanted a Jeep with a v8 since day one, and my end game for my rig was tons, 40s regear, long arms. But I’ve decided to leave this one like I got it, and do all that to the next one. I won’t always be in Florida, will be wheeling all over the country ( bucket list) at some point. That’s the long boring explanation, the short one is , I’m spoiled, and I want what I want.... lol......;)

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Oh man it's already starting on YouTube :-(
I watch a lot of YouTube since I don't have cable TV anymore. And the "Which one is better? Bronco or Wrangler" videos are already starting to flood in.
I think I'm going to go puke now. Though I'm not sure there is any puke left since I'm still getting over the "Which one is better? Gladiator or Wrangler" videos. Please make it stop!!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
I am certainly welcome Bronco to directly compete with jeep.
Well, viewing a couple of bronco review, some tips for jeep to improve:
1, half door design
2, mirror on body instead of on doors.
3, mounting holes on windshield
4, removable fender flare
5, removable mounting spot interior
Those points are not terribly difficult to change, and certainly I don't believe they are the "jeep thing" has to stay; with the introduction of bronco, i am sure jeep will have to come up with their improvement that otherwise won't be done.

Sponsored

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Jeep NEEDS to offer that teased HEMI .... I really hope that wasn’t merely a ploy to steal some of the spotlight....

I personally don’t want MORE electrical components in relation to the engine.... no eco-boost or mild hybrid.... if they want to offer those choices in engines, great, but let’s keep a true gas engine and a bad-ass one at that .....

give us a HEMI option !!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep NEEDS to offer that teased HEMI .... I really hope that wasn’t merely a ploy to steal some of the spotlight....

I personally don’t want MORE electrical components in relation to the engine.... no eco-boost or mild hybrid.... if they want to offer those choices in engines, great, but let’s keep a true gas engine and a bad-ass one at that .....

give us a HEMI option !!
We need those half doors... But not on the sky one touch...

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase