Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Insight, 2016 CVO Streetglide, Future U725 or JL

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali - 2021 Jeep JL/JT (undecided)
IMHO, not enough is being done...current color options suck with only the rumor of Hydro Blue and Snazzberry being added at some point in MY2021. The new Uconnect would be really nice, but not likely until MY2022. Mojave trim not being released right away in MY2021.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK, deciding between Bronco and JL
I’m more curious about how Jeep is going to compete at KOH but infotainment changes is cool...

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
People already complain about electrical gremlins. What’s in the article are all nice features to have and will certainly attract more people to the Jeep namesake but forgive me, the expanded options don’t do anything for me.

Strommen95

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito Sport S JLU
It really isn't anything. Clickbait article. People that wanted those options would've got them regardless. I would expect 2022 MY to be when Jeep seriously counters the Bronco. In particular I would expect a Turbo I6 amongst a few other real refreshes but I've been wrong before.

Whisky19

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Jeep is in the drivers seat at this point. Their team will likely sit back, wait and watch intently. Remember, they are in the number one spot ...so many will forgo the initial Bronco purchase in anticipation of what Jeep has in store. Marketing 101

ThirtyOne

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2005 Jeep Liberty
their options since the 2019
I see the writer also looked at the 2021 Wrangler order sheet
Exactly! We already knew all this stuff from the order guide.

I do think they technology has progressed and buyer expectations now are higher than Jeep anticipated when they laid out their options back in 2016 or 2017. But they started making changes as early as 2019, adding the Advanced Safety Group for example.

No one knows if the Bronco has anything to do with these decisions. That's just speculation.

Jeepin808

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot, Subaru BRZ
Interesting.

I ordered a 2021 Sport S and the build sheet had a line item for the technology group package which I upgraded to. However, this article : https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-jeep-wrangler-leaked-features-engines-4wd/ states that it will be included standard.

" One step above the base Sport sits the Wrangler Sport S, which now feature the previously optional Technology Group package as standard equipment. The package brings along a 7.0-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic climate control, a 7.0-inch TFT color display in the gauge cluster, a SiriusXM subscription, and other sought-after niceties. "

So do I get my money back?

ThirtyOne

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2005 Jeep Liberty
Interesting.

I ordered a 2021 Sport S and the build sheet had a line item for the technology group package which I upgraded to. However, this article : https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-jeep-wrangler-leaked-features-engines-4wd/ states that it will be included standard.

" One step above the base Sport sits the Wrangler Sport S, which now feature the previously optional Technology Group package as standard equipment. The package brings along a 7.0-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic climate control, a 7.0-inch TFT color display in the gauge cluster, a SiriusXM subscription, and other sought-after niceties. "

So do I get my money back?
According to the order guide it is required. Not standard. Subtle difference.

TEXGOAT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'd like to see an I-6, maybe 320 CID, crossflow head, 7 mains, enough stroke for serious torque at lower RPM. But where would they put it? Way out over the axle, or alongside the driver?

Advertisement

Advertisement