Bronco in the wild

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Sorry, but the bronco just reminds me of a stock jeep with no lift or tires - has that look like it was sent half finished from the factory, sitting on 4 undersized spare tires.

No hate to anyone still driving a stock jeep
It does. It’s a basic sport Jeep grocery getter. Basic jeep basic Bronco no difference.

I know I know the jeep guys will say the jeep has the live with more articulation. You are right. But you won’t see the basic sport JL driven by someone who wheels regularly.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Ford would have been far better off building a Bronco based on the fill size formula, a stubby pickup with the rear hard top removable. It’s what most wanted when the rumors began to swirl years ago. Even if they built a 3/4 sized one of of the Ranger. (Which would be almost the same size as the old full size ones given how big an F150 has become).

Ford claims the styling is inspired by the original Bronco, which was edgy and slab sided. This looks like a Bronco that was kept in a stall and fed nothing but oats with molases. It is fat and pudgy looking and the raised section of beltline behind the doors looks off to me. The flares look especially awkward.

It’s one of those things that looked cool at first, then the more I look at it, the less I like it.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I saw one on the highway this weekend, my first sight of one. It had after market wheels and 35s. It looked cool (I like they styling) but my first comment was "that thing is ****ing huge!"

My wife loved the look of it. I think about trying to park it in the garage or in the city and it seems difficult. But it certainly seems domineering on the road. We saw a Jeep with a large lift and 35s a few miles later. The Jeep was probably taller if they were side by side, but the actual body of the vehicle seemed much more compact.

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
my city has 1 yellow 4 door roaming around, and 1 red 2 door at dealership that i assume isn't for sale . i have seen the yellow one 4 times now and it's always had to off

Sponsored

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Bigger tires would make it look better, but bigger tires on any car, truck, or SUV, generally makes them look better, I suppose.

The more I look at Broncos without Sasquatch, the more I think they look like a convertible Flex.

I think it was about a year-and-a-half ago, I was on the Bronco6G forums, right when photos were leaked on that forum of an actual Bronco, a black one. I still remember being disappointed by it.