Sponsored

Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If I were to summarize 12 pages so far, the top 3 items are for Jeep to:
  1. Improve on-road handling, but not at the expense of getting rid of the SFA
  2. Add lockers as a stand alone option across non-Rubicon models
  3. Add a larger screen with forward camera/360 camera
Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If I were to summarize 12 pages so far, the top 3 items are for Jeep to:
  1. Improve on-road handling, but not at the expense of getting rid of the SFA
  2. Add lockers as a stand alone option across non-Rubicon models
  3. Add a larger screen with forward camera/360 camera
I can see item 3 above coming up with the 2023 redesign.

I don’t see item 1 changing much until JM comes out.

I doubt Jeep will offer a rear locker as a stand alone option, unless there’s clear, irrefutable evidence that Bronco is taking sales away from Wrangler.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The best " Refresh" would be to keep the base 2 Dr Sport a good value, unencumbered by a lot of pricey Bling. The Sport ( entry level, by any other name) is the ultimate Blank Slate, still within the reach of ordinary incomes. Keeping it a good Value keeps it within reach of the younger, first time buyer. Generating memories generates income, as that buyer matures with the Jeep brand.
That strategy has worked for over 76 years, when returning GIs wanted the vehicle that helped win a War.
Memories, Priceless.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The best " Refresh" would be to keep the base 2 Dr Sport a good value, unencumbered by a lot of pricey Bling. The Sport ( entry level, by any other name) is the ultimate Blank Slate, still within the reach of ordinary incomes. Keeping it a good Value keeps it within reach of the younger, first time buyer. Generating memories generates income, as that buyer matures with the Jeep brand.
That strategy has worked for over 76 years, when returning GIs wanted the vehicle that helped win a War.
Memories, Priceless.
I agree.

Unfortunately, the prevailing mindset at FCA is memories shmemories; it is all about contintuing to drive up transaction prices, maximizing per-unit margins and those quarterly profits.

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
Any deficiencies that I can think of when comparing to the Bronco are being addressed in the XR add-ons with the exception of those being added to the 2 door Rubi. Things I absolutely wouldn't want to see changed to "be like the Bronco" are:

• Mirrors mounted on the doors. If they are mounted on the body, unless they are made to break-away or fold, they run a higher chance of ripping off of the body and doing more damage.
• Take away the folding windshield. It may not be used much but it is distinctive like the grill and the only mainstream vehicle that still has this feature. Plus, some people do use it.
• Increase the size of the screen to become a distraction or make newbies dependent on this instead of learning how to pay more attention to the terrain, plan ahead better, and judge the size of the vehicle more accurately. I'm not a huge fan of the 360 cameras although I understand they have some use. But I believe that many will grow too dependent on them and the larger screen is an extension of that. The Bronco community will be a perfect example of this sort of dependency with these points and the goat modes soon.
• No IFS.
• No power-pivot turning feature. Just more crap to break. I prefer having a better turn radius.
• Don't water down the Rubicon by offering lockers to all trims. Maybe add an option of a rear locker to the Willys but Jeep has it's platform right (Sport/Sahara/Willys/Rubicon), to a large extent. Just get rid of the other editions.
• Don't imitate the goat modes, electronic tranfer case, etc... Keep it as KISS as possible.

Things I think that Jeep could do better would be:

• Offer 33s on lower end models and up to 37s on the Rubicon. The XR is great but could be better on the Rubis.
• A more modular hard top to allow easier removal of parts by one person. Whether this means windows are removable (great) or the top iteslf breaks down into multiple parts. This would probably not be a mid-term refresh but part of the next model.
• Offer half doors with a decent window (no fake cigarrete/vent window) as an option instead of a package.
• Make the soft top able to fold better. That is the biggest reason that I got a hard top.
The JL is overpriced to begin with. Adding some of those above options would price it out of the average working stiff person even more than it already is. A $75K 392 Wrangler.....ugh

Sponsored

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Very nice thread, and I concur with a lot of what's been mentioned here. I skimmed through fast, so don't know if it was mentioned; but standard AC across all models would be nice.

My main things would be the rear locker and more aggressive gearing (4.88 etc...) available across all models. The 6 switch overhead Aux switched would be nice also.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice thread, and I concur with a lot of what's been mentioned here. I skimmed through fast, so don't know if it was mentioned; but standard AC across all models would be nice.

My main things would be the rear locker and more aggressive gearing (4.88 etc...) available across all models. The 6 switch overhead Aux switched would be nice also.
I agree with the lower gear options. In recent years, it's often mentioned that what once was considered big tires are now looked at as being on the smaller end.

The overhead switches are like the 360° camera system, in that they require certain other design changes. The foldable windshield would have to go 1st, before more wiring could be cleanly routed and kept protected above it. And without moving the mirrors to the cowls, there's nowhere else to mount the side cameras.

On a side note, the 6g forum is just like ponytail boy. One is only welcome, so long as you keep agreeing. As a simple question, and they find it easier to name call than to simply back up their claims. Definitely pales in comparison to this fine community!

Jinnjue

First Name
Jinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl 2 door Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
Bronco is dumb.
Jeep needs to release the Trailcat-
CN016_015JPetu6l4livmu40ppdm7srburclm.jpg

1629398125531.jpeg

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign {filename}

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign {filename}

Then all the Bronco IFS mouth breathers would STFU about SFA not doing desert fast things indefinitely.
Can’t imagine what that would cost!?!🤦🏾💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸🤦🏾

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Bronco is dumb.
Jeep needs to release the Trailcat-

Then all the Bronco IFS mouth breathers would STFU about SFA not doing desert fast things indefinitely.
Don’t need it, shouldn’t buy it. But I would totally go into debt for that.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
For 2022, Toyota is introducing a Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition, which will sit at the lower end of the Tacoma model lineup, equipped with a rear locker.

These Tacomas won’t be getting Crawl Control or the other fancy electronic traction assists available on higher TRD models. But a good ole locker beats any of them.

For reference, Tacoma SR5s are priced in the low-to-mid $30,000s.

Pressure keeps building on Jeep to respond.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
If the Bronco has working defroster vents, I'd like to see that featured incorporated into the Wrangler.
Sponsored