Sponsored

Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
1 - Easy to remove/reinstall fenders.
2 - Body mounted mirrors and frameless doors that can be stored inside.
3 - 4.7 gears with 10 speed auto
4 - Gasoline Turbo 6-cyl with 400 lbft
5 - Brake turn assist
6. - Factory 37s like what has been spotted testing on the "Warthog"

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
1 - Easy to remove/reinstall fenders.
2 - Body mounted mirrors and frameless doors that can be stored inside.
3 - 4.7 gears with 10 speed auto
4 - Gasoline Turbo 6-cyl with 400 lbft
5 - Brake turn assist
6. - Factory 37s like what has been spotted testing on the "Warthog"
Besides item 6, Ford makes the vehicle you want...

Well, “Ford makes” is a euphemism for the time being.

lishmac

First Name
SHLI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Bronco things I like:

- Better Seats
- Aux Switches up high by the rear-view mirror
- 360 camera
- Wireless CarPlay/Wireless Charging
- Standard LEDs
- I like the frameless doors, but with the half-door solution Jeep just released I don't see that changing. I wish Jeep had a better solution for uppers on half doors
- Armorlite Flooring as a Mopar option
- I think Jeep should do a significantly upgraded interior for the Sahara to really differentiate it from the other trims
- Simpler plug for the doors when you take them off
- Like the longer wheelbase of the 2-door
Everything this guy said
+ that center dash phone\camera mounting solution and USB charging port.
+ Warn winch as factory option
+ trail turn assist maybe?

digimark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 MT JK 2-dr X, Nacho JLUR 4xe.
I don't get why so many people want things that can be handled in the aftermarket more inexpensively, think they should be provided as standard on a new Wrangler. The true cost of a vehicle is the purchase price out-the-door, all your mods, maintenance, licensing and insurance. If it can be fixed in the aftermarket, what's the problem?

• Mirrors on doors -- buy a cheap set of off-door mirrors.
• Bigger entertainment screen? -- mount an iPad on an arm. Then you can have a 13" screen.
• Bigger tires? Gear ratios? Lockers? Different top options? Aftermarket has more choices. If you have to have the warranty, build potential repair costs into your savings and if it doesn't break, great!

That's the 2nd biggest drawback to a Bronco in my mind, after the inability to buy one -- the aftermarket vendors haven't ramped up to support it yet. So its going to be pretty stock for a while.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Everything this guy said
+ that center dash phone\camera mounting solution and USB charging port.
+ Warn winch as factory option
+ trail turn assist maybe?
Actually, Mopar offers a Warn winch as a dealer-installed option, but you pay hundreds more for the privilege of the Mopar name on it.

Hardly anyone knows about it; it makes no sense to pay extra for something you can readily buy and mount yourself and save $$$.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign 1629551280026

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I don't get why so many people want things that can be handled in the aftermarket more inexpensively, think they should be provided as standard on a new Wrangler. The true cost of a vehicle is the purchase price out-the-door, all your mods, maintenance, licensing and insurance. If it can be fixed in the aftermarket, what's the problem?

• Mirrors on doors -- buy a cheap set of off-door mirrors.
• Bigger entertainment screen? -- mount an iPad on an arm. Then you can have a 13" screen.
• Bigger tires? Gear ratios? Lockers? Different top options? Aftermarket has more choices. If you have to have the warranty, build potential repair costs into your savings and if it doesn't break, great!

That's the 2nd biggest drawback to a Bronco in my mind, after the inability to buy one -- the aftermarket vendors haven't ramped up to support it yet. So its going to be pretty stock for a while.
Not that I agree with it, but I think given the ballooning prices on Wranglers, a lot of people want those “mods” wrapped into their monthly payment/lease payment. And then there’s the issue of the warranty, especially if you are leasing.

Bartholomew

First Name
Bartholomew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The only option that Bronco has that I really wanted on my JLUR is the 360 degree camera.

Other than that, Bronco has everything in packages where you have to select everything to get one feature you actually want. The tech is great, but it is just more things that can break that you can't fix in the field.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Oh, forgot, Military Spec Molle on Rubicon seats!!! The current Jeep spacing SUCKS!!! I've only found a few bags that fit & weave properly. I should be able to use old gear or order new items and know they will fit without question.

Dead petal
Slots in front windshield for full size roof rack on 2-door (Optional factory rack) like Bronco.

Sponsored

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
This is what a JL "LJ" would look like built on a 108-inch wheelbase, about halfway between the current 2-door (96.8) and 4 door (118.4).

Don't tell it doesn't look HAWT!

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign 1629551280026

Imagine a 2-door with decent rear entry/egress and cargo space.

I'd get one...! :like:
Some other corresponding benefits besides just the interior space:
Subwoofer could be on the side instead of in the cubby.
Gas tank could be bigger.
Maybe they'd raise the maximum tow weight rating.
Plenty of room for a rooftop tent and bigger racks.
And maybe other things from the other wish lists?:
Sahara package
Split, flat folding rear seats
Etc.
I would totally trade in for this.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Offer rear axle lockers across the entire lineup.
Yeah, this comes up over repeatedly as the most demanded feature everyone seems to want.

Are you listening @ Jeep?

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
The most striking thing that comes out of reading this thread is what a remarkable job Jeep has done balancing the needs/wants of such a wide customer base; from hard core off road to all-weather remote location transportation to urban commuter lifestyle statement. The Wrangler covers it all.

As a hard core offroader, here are my thoughts on what I'd like to see in my next Wrangler:

1) Simplify the model lineup. I think special editions like the Islander, 80th, and Freedom are great and Jeep should keep doing this. However, there should be just three models; Sport with black fenders and top, Sahara with painted fenders and top, and Rubicon with the top of the line seats, infotainment and sound proofing but no additional offroad goodies. There should also be three drivetrain levels; standard open diffs and 2.71 transfer case; Recon with a 33's/locking rear/2.71 transfer case, and Xtreme with 35's/front and rear lockers/selectable swaybar/4.10 transfer case.

2) I would buy an extended 2-door in the 104-106" wheelbase range, I will not buy a 4-door.

3) Please keep a manual transmission option.

4) The Xtreme package should offer the following:
a) I would pay $1,000 for a hose out interior; bed lined, vinyl seats, waterproof dash.
b) Cutting brake. But I an not willing to give up a lever-activated parking brake to get it.
c) The start in gear when in low range should work as advertised.
d) We need a place for a GMRS or CB radio.
Sponsored