Sponsored

Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
I sat in one not long ago and I don't find the Bronco seats as being that much better than Jeeps nor the amount of room in the front seating area. Also, the bolstering seemed much less and I wouldn't like that on a trail. But it wasn't for that long, about 5 minutes to look around. I just wasn't that impressed.
I think seat comfort boils down to personal preference. At 5'10 / 180 pounds I find the Jeep seats more comfortable. But can see people of different weights and sizes preferring one over the other.
Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Bronco things I'd like, in no particular order:

I. 35 inch tires from the factory and anything/everything to make those work​
C. that trail turn thingy whatever they call it​
• basically I think cutting brakes and the ability to do a front dig would be cool​
7. rubber floors, I'd rather not have carpeting in my Jeep​
Bronco things I'd not like, in particular order no:

9. Non-folding windshield​
IV. I'm in the minority but I love folding down my windshield​
• IFS​
X. larger size​
F. the two door JL is already quite large, IMO, I'd hate to see it be stretched in any direction​
My random wish list, order no particular in:

D. more durable steel bumpers from the factory​
III. factory air compressor​
4. a 2 seater option, with a trunk similar to diabolical slipstream​
A. maybe losing the rear seat we could make the 2 door a plug in hybrid, batteries in the area where the rear passenger feets go​
• A CVT transmission from Jatco​
IV. this may just be here as joke, hard saying

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Bronco things I'd like, in no particular order:

I. 35 inch tires from the factory and anything/everything to make those work​
C. that trail turn thingy whatever they call it​
• basically I think cutting brakes and the ability to do a front dig would be cool​
7. rubber floors, I'd rather not have carpeting in my Jeep​
Bronco things I'd not like, in particular order no:

9. Non-folding windshield​
IV. I'm in the minority but I love folding down my windshield​
• IFS​
X. larger size​
F. the two door JL is already quite large, IMO, I'd hate to see it be stretched in any direction​
My random wish list, order no particular in:

D. more durable steel bumpers from the factory​
III. factory air compressor​
4. a 2 seater option, with a trunk similar to diabolical slipstream​
A. maybe losing the rear seat we could make the 2 door a plug in hybrid, batteries in the area where the rear passenger feets go​
• A CVT transmission from Jatco​
IV. this may just be here as joke, hard saying
You can now get 35's on the Jeep.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Stand alone half doors as an option instead of dual door group!
Rear Locker as option on all trim levels, instead of LSD.
Optional lower axle ratio on all trim levels. Optional 4.10s on Sport/Sahara and keep the 4.56 and 4.88 optional on Rubicons.
This. And I'll add:
* A 2 door front seat release mechanism that doesnt brake.
* A windshield that doesn't fold down.

That's pretty much it for me. My list used to be much longer, but now that the Bronco is "out" (at least a few of them), I don't see anything on that car that would want on my JL. The hardtop sucks, the softop looks like a tarp, the thing is heavy bulky can't articulate. It is a Jeep knockoff trying to be its own thing, it just doesn't know what it is.

giphy.gif

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This. And I'll add:
* A 2 door front seat release mechanism that doesnt brake.
* A windshield that doesn't fold down.

That's pretty much it for me. My list used to be much longer, but now that the Bronco is "out" (at least a few of them), I don't see anything on that car that would want on my JL. The hardtop sucks, the softop looks like a tarp, the thing is heavy bulky can't articulate. It is a Jeep knockoff trying to be its own thing, it just doesn't know what it is.

giphy.gif
Bronco is a Wrangler that got fat, developed gas and got arthritis...

Sponsored

MonLee

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Sport S
Yeah the 2 door 80th is the closest you can get to a 2 door Sahara.
Funny you mention that... When i ordered my wrangler last month they told me ordering on the 80th anniversary closed in June. I probably would have ordered one of those if i could have actually.

Also i 100% agree with you, the door nets are one of my favorite things about the wrangler. I sometimes cant get the door shut cuz there's too much stuff in there.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’d just wait for the 81st Anniversary Edition... 😫

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
Some interesting insights... I'm going to take a different route however... I'd like to see the JL ditch the miserable "upgraded soft top design" they rolled out with JL and revert back to the JK soft top. It would impossible for me to despise the JL soft top more than I do.

To quote a previous rant I made on the JL Soft top...

EVERY jeep I ever had, I always rolled up the back window and fastened with my loops to get good air flow. But also, since you could roll up the window, you didn't have to remove it to drop the top. When I wanted to drop my top, my panels came out easy and could be stored below the carpet in the back cargo area. This is because they could be placed flat and take no space, so you didn't lose cargo area because of the panels. You could drop the top regardless of where you were or what you had in your jeep no matter the place or time because the back window and panels all fit nicely and had a place to be stored easily in the JEEP.​
With the new side panels - they are molded at the corner, so they can't lay flat. When you remove they take up way more space then they ever used to. Additionally, a back window now needs to be fully removed before you can drop the top. So you can no longer simply roll up the back window and just deal with the panels. This means you either have to plan for removing the soft top leaving pieces at home or find some way to store the bulky panels and back window that can no longer be tucked below the carpet and rolled up.​
Rant over...

Also, while Im at it, I'd love larger screen display and a Sasquash type group of upgrades available across all models.

Please don't Introduce:
  • IFS
  • Frameless doors
  • Or Multi Freedom Panel Hard Tops.

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
Also, worth pointing out to those griping about the fold down windshield. This was not a design element that was intended for the specific purpose of open air driving... but for shipping during WWII. It was actually a brilliant design element allowed them to crate the vehicles in such a way that allowed them to be stacked for FAR greater distribution overseas to support the war effort.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign jeep-in-a-crat

There are great documentaries that walk through a variety of contributions made by the Willy's-Overland, American Bantam and YES Ford to craft what would ultimately become the icon that we all seem to love in JEEPs!

I share this, because some of the shade being sent toward Ford on Bronco, it's hype and even botched roll out (Some self inflicted, and some COVID related distribution snags) seems a bit pointless. Ultimately, Bronco's introduction brings competition to the market which advances innovation that we ALL will ultimately enjoy regardless of whether you choose JEEP or Bronco.

Competition is a good thing...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Add
  • Split folding rear seats on the 2-door.
  • Head rests (yeah, yeah, head restraints) that are less angled forward.
  • Half-door option (add sliding uppers).
  • Standard LED headlights and taillights.
  • 3500 lbs tow rating on the 2-door
  • Allow ability to add accessories and mods on all models (e.g. steel bumper on a Sport model).
  • 2-door availability across all models. Why no 2-door Saharas?
  • Available lockers on every model
  • Higher capacity roof rack options
Delete
  • Folding windshield (adds cost/complexity).
  • Highway tires on Saharas. All-terrains at a minimum for all models.

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
Who died and made this a Bronco forum? Do you think people over at the Bronco Forum are talking about the Wrangler? No, they are to busy waiting for their Bronco, and bitching about piss poor build quality. On the other side of life, my very first car was a 68 Bronco with a 3 on the tree. Soo after it was a Brown 79 Jeep CJ Golden Eagle with a 304 V8. Today I am driving a still driving Jeep product.

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Add:

-soundproofing/insulation. Db reading o highway below 70
-fixed roof if neccesary
-ifs

perfect vehicle

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
With my 7" screen, at night I utilise the brightness knob and reduce the brightness.
With a 12" screen you would have to turn it off...................

.........and use a paper map to navigate 🙂
It’s not binary.

BagPipesActual

First Name
BagPipes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sahara ..2021 JL Rubicon (Ordered)
Stand alone half doors as an option instead of dual door group!
Rear Locker as option on all trim levels, instead of LSD.
Optional lower axle ratio on all trim levels. Optional 4.10s on Sport/Sahara and keep the 4.56 and 4.88 optional on Rubicons.
You nailed it for me, if this were the case today id probably have ordered a Willys with with the 4.10 and rear locker
Sponsored