Sponsored

Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
IDon't Incorporate:
- Mirrors on the a-pillars. It's a hindrance in the environment that an offroad segment vehicle is primarily designed to navigate.
Maybe some sort of quick release for mirrors located inside a lockable hood? That could prevent theft and make both sides reasonably happy if engineered correctly. Best of both worlds.
Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
To leave out: I hate large screens inside vehicles, how can I see at night?

To add:
A rubber strip on the roof. When I open the glass tailgate in rain, I want to stand under the tailgate and remain dry. The gap between the roof and the tailgate needs to be covered.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
To leave out: I hate large screens inside vehicles, how can I see at night?

To add:
A rubber strip on the roof. When I open the glass tailgate in rain, I want to stand under the tailgate and remain dry. The gap between the roof and the tailgate needs to be covered.
At night you can drive by looking into the screen... šŸ˜«

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With my 7" screen, at night I utilise the brightness knob and reduce the brightness.
With a 12" screen you would have to turn it off...................

.........and use a paper map to navigate šŸ™‚

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
LEDs being standard is a terrible idea. $1000 would be added to literally every single Jeep built. You think Jeep is just going to blindly eat one of it's most profitable options?.. Not to mention LEDs are objectively terrible for snow and drivers living in a city.

Never understood wanting options already available to be standard. Leave Jeeps as customizable as possible.
It does put a target on every Jeep with that $1000 option with the unlocked hood that every Jeep does come with standard. Including an option as standard equipment doesn't mean the base price would increase by the same amount. You can get away with soaking customers for things when that thing is exotic/rare/etc... LEDs are not; they are commodity items now. Look at something like the half doors; the option is like $1000+ per door; if doors cost that much to manufacture, Jeeps would cost $250,000.

As for the snow... make the option for heated LEDs, but offer it with a damn lock on the hood! At the very least make the halogen headlights actually emit light.

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to mention LEDs are objectively terrible for snow and drivers living in a city.
I dislike modern cars driving towards me with those really bright LED's !
Headlights have High beam and Low beam. Now they need a Medium beam.

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
Would like to see these fixes immediately:
- Rain gutter. Why does Niagara Falls flow into my interior each time I open a door in the rain.
- ESS(Electronic Start Stop). If you're going to force ESS on us, could you at least place a 5 second delay in the system so when you park your jeep, it gives you enough time before it does its wonderful magic of shutting engine off, then back on before you have time to place it in park.

For future jeeps:
- On the 2 door, the Alpine sub is in the floor and takes up cargo tub. Why not place it on the side like a 4 door does? I would't call it a design flaw, but just asking the question. If not able to, it would be great if the speaker cover could be removed for vacuuming out debris that falls into it vice the owner placing weed mat over the cover.
- Whatever happened to those donut doors with a glass/see through panel?

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
It does put a target on every Jeep with that $1000 option with the unlocked hood that every Jeep does come with standard. Including an option as standard equipment doesn't mean the base price would increase by the same amount. You can get away with soaking customers for things when that thing is exotic/rare/etc... LEDs are not; they are commodity items now. Look at something like the half doors; the option is like $1000+ per door; if doors cost that much to manufacture, Jeeps would cost $250,000.

As for the snow... make the option for heated LEDs, but offer it with a damn lock on the hood! At the very least make the halogen headlights actually emit light.
Jeeps have been selling like hotcakes for years. If you think Jeep is going to throw away one of it's most profitable add-ons, all in the name of satisfying a customer who almost certainly paid for that add-on already, then I have a bridge to sell you. Your point would resonate if Jeep was struggling. Instead they sell everything produced and demand is only amping up. When customers are happily paying that $1000 surcharge by the thousands every year, that "standard" option is not coming without a relatively equal price increase to boot.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I dislike modern cars driving towards me with those really bright LED's !
Headlights have High beam and Low beam. Now they need a Medium beam.
What we need is drivers to be less self-absorbed and lower their f*cking beams when the see oncoming traffic!

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Would like to see these fixes immediately:
- Rain gutter. Why does Niagara Falls flow into my interior each time I open a door in the rain.
- ESS(Electronic Start Stop). If you're going to force ESS on us, could you at least place a 5 second delay in the system so when you park your jeep, it gives you enough time before it does its wonderful magic of shutting engine off, then back on before you have time to place it in park.

For future jeeps:
- On the 2 door, the Alpine sub is in the floor and takes up cargo tub. Why not place it on the side like a 4 door does? I would't call it a design flaw, but just asking the question. If not able to, it would be great if the speaker cover could be removed for vacuuming out debris that falls into it vice the owner placing weed mat over the cover.
- Whatever happened to those donut doors with a glass/see through panel?
If the windshield wasn't foldable, the rain gutters would extend down the sides of it and drain behind the front fenders like every other vehicle.

But then we wouldn't get to enjoy the benefit of driving without a windshield.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign MbdEKK

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I wouldnā€™t be too quick to ask for rear freedom panelsā€¦. It sounds like this might be another part of Fordā€™s hardtop problem. As per Ross (PREMiERdrum) on B6G ā€œFord owns the engineering and the tooling on the Hardtopsā€¦.ā€ And the rattles/leaks/delamination/wear through/shedding headliner all prove the engineering was poor. I suspect it isnā€™t just a hardtop problem, but a mounting problem. The sport tube ā€œhaloā€ design isnā€™t providing sufficient mounting points for the roof, allowing flex and movement leading to issues. Thatā€™s speculation, but does jive with what we are seeingā€¦. And explains the severity of the actions taken by Ford over in Michigan.
The sound bar on the Jeep would help for mounting points for one portion of rear freedom tops. Then couldnā€™t the rear portion of the hardtop be designed differently to provide support for the rear mounting? It would be pretty sweet I think. Get out of work and take off the four and stack them in the back or slide them into holders.

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
Hmmm

1. 2nd row hard top removable panel and no crossbar(b).
2. IFS.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Jeeps have been selling like hotcakes for years. If you think Jeep is going to throw away one of it's most profitable add-ons, all in the name of satisfying a customer who almost certainly paid for that add-on already, then I have a bridge to sell you. Your point would resonate if Jeep was struggling. Instead they sell everything produced and demand is only amping up. When customers are happily paying that $1000 surcharge by the thousands every year, that "standard" option is not coming without a relatively equal price increase to boot.
Sure, I get it. Epi-pens probably cost $1 to manufacture. I'm sure the R&D has long been paid for and all of the execs have got their bonuses. Charging $300 for one is great for business.

However, I also think that the issue is more about how bad the halogen reflector headlights are. I'd love some decent projector halogen headlights over LEDs personally. LED headlights are just a solution that already exists. I haven't had headlights this bad since the old sealed beams of yesteryear. Gimping something that should be considered safety equipment is not where car companies should be making their profits. Sell people on fancy wheels or color-matched suspension parts or something.
Sponsored