Sponsored

Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Avoid the bulky "open air" look of the bronco... lol

Screenshot_20210807-120323_Facebook.jpg
My only complaint about that is how the internal hinges make the doors off look like a redneck answer to Jeep.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I think the power seats in the Bronco are more comfortable that the "cheaper" seats in the Wrangler. I would like to see better seats in the Wrangler and also add a power option.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty meh on this "power seats" thing. I adjusted my seat when I bought the Jeep and that's the last time I adjusted the seat... Only exception being having to scoot it back a few inches after my Wife steals the Jeep.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe some sort of quick release for mirrors located inside a lockable hood? That could prevent theft and make both sides reasonably happy if engineered correctly. Best of both worlds.
The brackets that are needed to extend back and locate the mirror in a usable place, like on the Bronco, look like an afterthought. They would look more at home on a sports car. Doing that to a Wrangler would look equally as bulky and out of place, while also causing a domino affect to the hood and fender design. It'd be near impossible to end up with something that complemented the look of the Jeep enough to be worth the compromises in both camps. Better to stick with what has for a long time been available in the aftermarket, as far as mirrors for road legality on the way to the trail, that cost little enough to be tossed in the back until its time to hit the road.

Plus, the beauty in having the bronco around (at some point) is that it caters to those who don't mind a bit more form over function than what Jeep offers. It's better to let both manufacturers have their own piece of the pie, rather than clashing forks over every bite, which would be the case if both products were too identical.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Regarding LED headlights, in 2018, in the first full year of production, there were many reports on this forum of JLU LED headlights blinding drivers, who would flash their headlights at us incessantly. My 2018 JLUR fit that description.

One night while driving down my unlit street, I noticed that my high beams were pointed upward into the trees and my low beams were essentially level. That is incorrect aiming: High beams should be level and low beams dipped.

Having installed and aimed halogen headlights since around 1970, long before they were standard (or legal), and also same with legal driving lights, I re-aimed my headlights and haven't looked back since (nor had any angry flashes at me). Re-aiming meant parking in front of my garage doors about 20 feet back, measuring height of the center of the headlights vs. the height of the projected high beam vs. the height of the projected low beam cutoff (should be down around 3 inches or so), and turning the adjustments screws accordingly. It helped to cover one headlight to aim the other. These are just rough recollection of my aiming parameters.

I just found some high-beam aiming instructions on my computer, dated November, 2018, that I obviously used as reference and which I will attach below. I'll note that each JLU headlight aims as an assembly; one cannot aim the high and low beams individually. Since the difference of aiming between the high and low beam is fixed, aiming the high beam correctly should provide correct low beam aim.

Regarding all those early production complaints, I theorize that the factory is supposed to aim the headlights, using the high beam and setting at level. If the technician (or maybe the supplier) aimed the headlights at level using the low beam, that would explain the high beam in the sky and low beam blinding other drivers. Since these complaints have essentially disappeared from the forum, I suspect FCA quietly fixed the aiming issue in the factory.

If you are still getting lots of flashes from other drivers, check and fix your aiming!

Raised vehicles complicate the issue, of course. If you in a Fiat 500 are right in front of an 18-wheeler, the truck's lights are going to be in your rear-view mirror, that's just geometry. Accordingly, YMMV.
My 2019 JLUR was the same. I had to lower the LED headlamps on night #2 of ownership because of incessant, and deserved, flashes from oncomers. My long reach torx L-wrench has found a home in the rear cubby storage, and has been used after every small change of ride height. And the taller my Jeep has become, the more I've angled the beams down. At 4" lift over stock plus 38" tires, I now make it a point of not getting close to cars in front of me at a stop light because my low beams easily reach their rear view mirrors if I pull right up behind them. Also, when at the front of the line waiting to cross a larger intersection that is crowned, I knock down to just running and fog lights to not flood out those waiting on the other side.

I save the light assault for those who like driving around with their brights on or brodozers showing off their $200 Amazon special light bars.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty meh on this "power seats" thing. I adjusted my seat when I bought the Jeep and that's the last time I adjusted the seat... Only exception being having to scoot it back a few inches after my Wife steals the Jeep.
Yeah, I'd rather see the time and resources put in much better areas than power seats. More plush in the seat cushions would be one of them.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I want Jeep to market the solid axle as the best thing for on-road handling, just as brilliantly as Ford has marketed the IFS as the best new development in off-roading since the invention of 4WD.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Don't have time to read through this all, but...

Features to INCORPORATE
  1. Manual with 2.0t
  2. 2dr Sahara
  3. More gearing options
  4. Factory Ambient lighting for shits and giggles
  5. Mirrors on the body instead of the door
Features to AVOID

1. No E-cable, keep the handbrake
  2. Keep manual level, no e-crap
  3. Don't go full digital
  4. Keep SFA, be the yin to bronco's yang
Sponsored