Sponsored

Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
1-Mirrors that stay when you remove doors, but that would be easily removeable too for tight trail riding.
2-Extreme recon package on all models with proper gear ratios. (like the Sasquatch for the Bronco)
3-Add 2 piece soft doors as an option ( just like the bestop sunrider now)
4-Updated 10 inch or bigger screen
5-Add the Gorilla windshield on all Jeeps, not as an option.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Why a crawler gear? It's overkill. The 1st gear in the Wrangler is already extremely short. I think that gear will be useless in the Bronco except maybe on a boat ramp. But I've never had trouble pulling my boat up even the steepest ramps, fully loaded. Off-road, it is even less necessary, especially with a Rubicon.
Crawler Gear for heavy traffic... Instead of feathering the clutch in first gear for stop and go traffic just put it in crawl! :idea:

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Why a crawler gear? It's overkill. The 1st gear in the Wrangler is already extremely short. I think that gear will be useless in the Bronco except maybe on a boat ramp. But I've never had trouble pulling my boat up even the steepest ramps, fully loaded. Off-road, it is even less necessary, especially with a Rubicon.
I revised my suggestion. Basically, all manuals should have lower diff gearing. ALL manuals. 4.10 should be standard at the very least. I have a Rubicon. 4.10s and the 4:1 Transfer case. Yes, on 33s it is adequate... reverse is tolerable. For non-Rubicons though, the differential gearing is insufficient and need to be lower.

Jeep is basically admitting as much with the 4.88s on manuals getting the new XR package. Notice they jumped right over 4.56? The manual gearing isn't low enough...

Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Instead of a Bronco-style modular top that leaks and squeaks, I'd like having the ability to remove the quarter windows, like on the One-Touch Sky Top.

If could remove the quarter windows on a regular hardtop, I'd get the half doors: that'd look bitching! And would beat Bronco's problematic top IMO.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign 1629398559969

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Crawler Gear for heavy traffic... Instead of feathering the clutch in first gear for stop and go traffic just put it in crawl! :idea:
That makes sense, but with the right axle ratio, it isn't a problem and you still have to work the clutch. I think its already very close to Bronco's crawler ratio. The Xtreme Recon with 4.88's will beat it.

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I like that the Bronco offers a variety of locker options. Some trims come with only Rear and some with both F/R. Jeep should have done this a LONG time ago i.e. Rubi=F/R, Sahara=(edit) Rear option, Sport=Rear standard.
I like that the Bronco swaybar can disconnect under load.
I like the Broncos birds-eye camera view.
I like that Bronco comes standard with LED lights.

I dont like that the Bronco has the rear A/C vents on the floor...No Bueno
I dont like the placement of the Bronco speaker in the back.
I dont like all the plastic in the Bronco. Reminds me of my old JK1 & JK2.
I dont like the Ford button pad on the doors. They look bad after awhile.
I dont like how long the 4-door Bronco looks, But I do like the 2-door size.

I am not sure if I would like or dislike the frameless doors and 4 piece hardtop. Seems like a lots of weak points when off-roading and possible noisy connections.

Not sure if in the Bronco you can engage the lockers & disconnect the swaybar in 4HI... if yes, then I like that. I had to buy the Tazer Mini to get those options in my JLR.

Last edited:

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead, maybe I'm not.
I'm hoping that Jeep looks at the Bronco and Cybertruck as encouragement to pioneer forward in an entirely Jeep direction. Not particularly incorporating either of these vehicles.

You want a vehicle to incorporate into a Jeep? Here you go.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign 1629398898707

Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Some repeats from prior posts... because they are important.

Features to INCORPORATE
  1. Crawler gear in manual
  2. 4.56 gears STANDARD on all Manuals. 4.88s with 35 inch tire options (see next) <EDITED>
  3. Option to include 35 inch tires and locker (at least rear) on more trims than Rubicon
  4. Better Seats (suggestion based on what seems to be forum consensus)
Features to AVOID
  1. Bronco's leaky and creaky roof (for hardtop) and the crinkled and wavy rear windows (for soft top) :giggle:
  2. Do NOT replace the cable hand brake with an e-brake
  3. Do NOT replace the 4WD lever with a button
  4. IFS. NEVER EVER SHOULD THIS BE CONSIDERED
Yeah. I don't know if Bronco offers it or not, but I think offering a rear locker as a stand alone option across non-Rubicon models would go a LONG way towards broadening appeal of Wrangler with many buyers.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I like that the Bronco offers a variety of locker options. Some trims come with only Rear and some with both F/R. Jeep should have done this a LONG time ago, i.e. Rubi=F/R, Sahara=n/a, Sport=Rear.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign tenor (6)

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That makes sense, but with the right axle ratio, it isn't a problem and you still have to work the clutch. I think its already very close to Bronco's crawler ratio. The Xtreme Recon with 4.88's will beat it.
I only had a test drive in a JT Sport S so I really didn't get a good feel for how it is in stop and go traffic. The 3.73s seemed like a better axle ratio than 3.45s though.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I revised my suggestion. Basically, all manuals should have lower diff gearing. ALL manuals. 4.10 should be standard at the very least. I have a Rubicon. 4.10s and the 4:1 Transfer case. Yes, on 33s it is adequate... reverse is tolerable. For non-Rubicons though, the differential gearing is insufficient and need to be lower.

Jeep is basically admitting as much with the 4.88s on manuals getting the new XR package. Notice they jumped right over 4.56? The manual gearing isn't low enough...
The Bronco's crawler is 6.588:1. Wrangler's 1st gear is 4.46.

I drive one every day. 6.588 given a 3.73 axle ratio is not that different from Wrangler's 4.46 with 4.56 axle ratio. I decided not to go to 4.88 because 1st would be just too short with that axle ratio. I think that granny gear is another gimmick. If I need to crawl, I'll put it in low range.

With taller axle ratios I'm sure it has a place. Jeep really should make 4.10 and 4.56 optional from the factory. I don't think 4.88 is necessary unless they offer 37's. They just did that to beat the Bronco's crawl ratio. That's it. Not very practical for the road unless you have 37's.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I like that the Bronco offers a variety of locker options. Some trims come with only Rear and some with both F/R. Jeep should have done this a LONG time ago, i.e. Rubi=F/R, Sahara=n/a, Sport=Rear.
I like that the Bronco swaybar can disconnect under load.
I like the Broncos birds-eye camera view.
I like that Bronco comes standard with LED lights.

I dont like that the Bronco has the rear A/C vents on the floor...No Bueno
I dont like the placement of the Bronco speaker in the back.
I dont like all the plastic in the Bronco. Reminds me of my old JK1 & JK2.
I dont like the Ford button pad on the doors. They look bad after awhile.
I dont like how long the 4-door Bronco looks, But I do like the 2-door size.

I am not sure if I would like or dislike the frameless doors and 4 piece hardtop. Seems like a lots of weak points when off-roading and possible noisy connections.

Not sure if in the Bronco you can engage the lockers & disconnect the swaybar in 4HI... if yes, then I like that. I had to buy the Tazer Mini to get those options in my JLR.
Yeah, I don't see why you would want to exclude a rear locker from Sahara if you are going to offer it elsewhere. There is no good rationale for that.
Sponsored