Sponsored

Broken soft top

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my jeep with the dual top group and recieved it back in October. I just got back from vacation yesterday. I cleaned the jeep and put the soft top on today.

After folding it down, I noticed that one of the pivot points didn't pivot, but broke the bow instead. Any ideas what happened?

I have an appointment with the dealership on Wednesday, hopefully they fix it under warranty since I just put it on today.

20210501_155711.jpg
Sponsored

JohnnyBlaze

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Did you pull the latch in the back before lowering it? If not that will bend them if forced down. Also when you put it back up you will need to make sure the hinges are unlocked.

Our Jeep was a “demo” vehicle that had 2000 miles on it, we discovered the rods were bent the weekend after we purchased it (we didn’t bend them). The dealer fixed them for free thankfully. The rods are $25 each, so not a huge deal if they don’t fix it.

OP
OP
SargeRubicon14

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Did you pull the latch in the back before lowering it? If not that will bend them if forced down. Also when you put it back up you will need to make sure the hinges are unlocked.

Our Jeep was a “demo” vehicle that had 2000 miles on it, we discovered the rods were bent the weekend after we purchased it (we didn’t bend them). The dealer fixed them for free thankfully. The rods are $25 each, so not a huge deal if they don’t fix it.
I did pull the latch. The other side went down ok, maybe it just didnt release the one side. If they're that inexpensive to replace then it doesnt sound like a huge deal. It just sucks that they need my jeep for most of the day to fix it.

Thank you for the response.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Here's my issue with this......they bend that easily????

Part number for these rods.....just in case I bend one?

JohnnyBlaze

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
68506111AA driver
68506110AA passenger

you can get them at quadratec.com
Sponsored