Broken soft top back driver side top corner

Darrenblake

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep 2 door wrangler
So a piece on my soft top broke. It’s the top, inside, back, driver side area. Causes my soft top driver side to flap in the wind now. Does anyone know if the warranty will cover it? Or maybe just buying the small piece of hardware and doing it myself?

C7949E05-5024-4072-9391-A2496C55241F.jpeg
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So a piece on my soft top broke. It’s the top, inside, back, driver side area. Causes my soft top driver side to flap in the wind now. Does anyone know if the warranty will cover it? Or maybe just buying the small piece of hardware and doing it myself?

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken soft top back driver side top corner C7949E05-5024-4072-9391-A2496C55241F

Good morning Darren,

We apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your soft top. Are you currently working with a dealer to get this addressed? Please feel free to send us a private message if you would like us to look into this further for you.

Thanks,

Jeep Cares

gusburneau

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 2 Door

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken soft top back driver side top corner C7949E05-5024-4072-9391-A2496C55241F
I have the exact same problem on my BRAND NEW JL 2DR Softtop. It has been down maybe twice, I just bought the Jeep (came with hard top) and then the softtop from my local Jeep dealer.
Jeep says they won't cover the repair under warranty, guess they don't back their products. They will give me the part for free, and I can "install it any time i want". Ridiculous !!!! A $4000+ soft top, it breaks in the first month I own it, and Jeep won't fix it. Guess I SHOULD HAVE bought that Bronco.

MassMopar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JT Mojave, 23 JLR
Our 2-door 2023 Rubicon came from the dealer with that driver side top corner bracket broken as well. We bought it in February - not exactly "windows out, top down weather"... discovered the issue the first time we took the windows out in April. We've had 5 other soft top jeeps... JKUs, JLUs, JL, and this was the first one that ever had that issue. The service tech initially argued with me but eventually agreed to replace it under warranty. Make sure you pull all of your windows out and inspect the soft top before you leave the dealership!

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken soft top back driver side top corner JLR pickup day

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
It is not a hard piece to replace. A couple screws hold it to the bar. Cost me $15 bucks for the bracket after I had a deer whack the rear of my Jeep.

The hardest part is opening the cable loop to put on the new bracket. Just destroy the old bracket before dealing with the loop.
Sponsored