Broken sky one touch

GinaAMA118

First Name
Regina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Has onyone has issues with the sky one touch breaking? Mine (2020) stopped working yesterday and it looks like the metal track cracked which caused the top to slide off the track and get stuck fully open position.
I picked it up from the dealer today and they are waiting to hear from Jeep to see if will be covered under the warranty. Otherwise they quoted close to 2K. It had no problems prior to this.
Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Haven’t seen anyone post anything similar. That should definitely be a warranty item though. Probably a good time for @JeepCares to contact you.

OP
OP

GinaAMA118

First Name
Regina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Jeep Wrangler JL Broken sky one touch 85C30079-DBCD-42DD-BB40-6E87ABFF19FD
Jeep Wrangler JL Broken sky one touch 794C6123-D313-41BA-A158-A4FC8BD41BA0

Haven’t seen anyone post anything similar. That should definitely be a warranty item though. Probably a good time for @JeepCares to contact you.
I agree that it should be a warranty issue. I was doing errands and opened it in the parking lot when it fully opened, I did hear a strange noise as it locked into place. When I got to the next place, it would not close.
I dropped it off immediately on Monday evening and they called me Tuesday and said it would be close to 2K to fix and wasn’t under warranty. They asked if I wanted to pay for have my insurance look at it. I picked it up after work telling them I needed to check around to see if it could be fixed for less than that. Then the service manager came out and scolded the staff about wanting to charge me. I was told that “someone MUST have pulled on it”. I assured them that no one does gymnastics in my Jeep and used the frame for monkey bars. I will find out today if it is warranty fix. It should be with the metal just cracking like that.
Fingers crossed!
Jeep Wrangler JL Broken sky one touch F3AB7A27-746B-4B61-A9D4-308771E09921

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@GinaAMA118

BEST BET for you, is to contact Stellantis, directly and have a case started...
Get this properly documented, now!

Regardless of what anyone here says, the best move is to CALL the Dedicated Customer Care # and not message Jeep Cares through the forum..

Call:
Dedicated Jeep Customer Assistance: Ph. 1-866-362-2146 which takes you directly to a "Jeep Advisor". An advisor that will properly open a case for you with Stellantis.