Sponsored

Broken light control panel?

SuperNerdEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I bumped my knee hard into the rotary switch that controls the headlights/lighting. It still functions but the switch is pushed in on one side. I’m on a road trip and would love to just pop the little panel that the switch and dimmers are attached to and fix it - I think it just needs to be pushed back into place - but I don’t know if I can do that easily. Don’t want to break it more. Any advice?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I bumped my knee hard into the rotary switch that controls the headlights/lighting. It still functions but the switch is pushed in on one side. I’m on a road trip and would love to just pop the little panel that the switch and dimmers are attached to and fix it - I think it just needs to be pushed back into place - but I don’t know if I can do that easily. Don’t want to break it more. Any advice?
@SuperNerdEE

Read here clumsy.... :LOL:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2018-jl-headlight-switch.39313/

Siskababa

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon 4D
@SuperNerdEE don't feel too bad. After installing my lift and combo rock sliders/steps...I've knocked the rotating light switch through the panel 3 times with my knee getting in 🤬 I've been able to pop the whole assembley out and epoxy the switch back into place each time, but what a PIA...I hate the placement on it.

decavolt

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU. Previously: 2016 JK, 1997 TJ.
I just did the same thing. I got into the jeep the same way I always do, smacked my knee into the switch and it pretty much exploded. It makes me miss the headlight pull-switch on my old TJ.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Its like a snap-tight model, it can come apart and be fixed a lot of times too. I bumped it, and we able to reassemble without much fan fare.
Sponsored