Broken glove box

Paul uk

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
My Jeep is only a few months old and I was wondering if anyone has the same issue I have with the glove box. When opening it it drops to the floor. I’ve refitted the plastic runner on the Right hand side several times, it just seems to be very weak and the piece of plastic that stops the glove box from going off the runner is too small. All I carry in it is the handbook and two pairs of sunglasses. Has anybody had the same issue.? Paul
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
My Jeep is only a few months old and I was wondering if anyone has the same issue I have with the glove box. When opening it it drops to the floor. I’ve refitted the plastic runner on the Right hand side several times, it just seems to be very weak and the piece of plastic that stops the glove box from going off the runner is too small. All I carry in it is the handbook and two pairs of sunglasses. Has anybody had the same issue.? Paul
On the left side of the glove box is the mechanism that keeps the glove box from dropping attached?

To remove a JL box, you easily detach the mechanism on the left of the glove box and the glove box can then be dropped/removed. Sounds like the left mechanism is not attached.

Watch this video as it shows the mechanism in question being disconnected and reconnected.

Steve1977

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler
Occupation
Train Driver

Yes. I too have had the issue in my 2019 JLU Wrangler. There apparently is meant to be a tab in the back to stop it. Unfortunately it is not long enough and is completely useless. The Dampener is then taking all the strain of the glovebox and eventually snaps (as mine has done). I'm currently trying to find a resolution for it myself.
Sponsored