Sponsored

Broken front shade clips

Doomgaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Some of my front clips for the windshield side of the front shade are bent and some have fully broken. How can I get some replacement clips?
Sponsored

Repsol69

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU
I have the same problem.. took off my front tops today to find bungee cords hanging..front clips look like this.i will need replacements please..Thx

jeep clip.png

Jeep clip2.png

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2013 Mazda MX5 Club
I came up with a fix for the clips...simply use the bold holes in the windshield frame. Use your tool kit and take out the 4 windshield bolts on the either side of the sin visors. I used my cordless drill to quickly remove and reinstall the bolts. You do not need to lower the entire windshield. I just used a pool noodle to give me enough room to work.
I used 6" bungee balls to secure the front of the sunscreen. It was nice and tight in the front. If you would rather have some slack, use 8" bungee balls that can be ordered on amazon for a reasonable price. Be sure to put the balls on the top so it does not interfere with the sun visors. I also used the holes on the side of the roll bar frame for the side bungee ball mounts to even out the mesh. Overall I am very satisfied with the results...and yes I know the mesh in upside down...I would rather see the logo in the Jeep than from the top which few people see.
Here are the pics:
as1-jpg.jpg
as2-jpg.jpg
as3-jpg.jpg
as4-jpg.jpg
as5-jpg.jpg

Repsol69

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU
So your running the bungees through the same hole that the windshield bolts go though? Also any problems with water leaking from Rain or washes does the windshield still seal good and the tops ??

Last edited:

Sponsored

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So your running the bungees through the same hole that the windshield bolts go though? Also any problems with water leaking from Rain or washes does the windshield still seal good and the tops ??
No problems at all. I ran through the car wash to be sure it was water tight. The way the bolts are set in the windshield are perfect for this method.

Here is a pic of the bolt on the windshield that folds down and the bolt hole from the windshield frame.

Alien3.jpg
Alien4.jpg

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thx i'll give this a try got to order some bungees first
6" Bungee Balls will be tight, 9" Bungee Balls should work but might not tuck the shade up to the front of the windshield headliner.

Amazon Variety Pack-Bungee Ball Cords

PACKAGE INCLUDED:
10 pcs 6 inch ball bungee cords
10 pcs 9 inch ball bungee cords
10 pcs 11 inch ball bungee cords

I love having extras for various things around the house!

Repsol69

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU
6" Bungee Balls will be tight, 9" Bungee Balls should work but might not tuck the shade up to the front of the windshield headliner.

PACKAGE INCLUDED:
10 pcs 6 inch ball bungee cords
10 pcs 9 inch ball bungee cords
10 pcs 11 inch ball bungee cords

I love having extras for various things around the house!

Didn't you use 6" ones?? i want it tucked close to the front i had a gap with the ones that came with it and the sun would blind you at times,,,LOL i'll order that pak you included with the different sizes and go from there..Thx

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used the 6" bungee balls. It is a tight fit, but snugs the from of the shade to the front of the windshield trim.

Alien5.jpg

Sponsored

DiveCon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I also have broken front windshield clips. I went to the website to try and contact customer service to get replacements but, the website seems to not be working. Can you let me know how I too can obtain new clips?

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also have broken front windshield clips. I went to the website to try and contact customer service to get replacements but, the website seems to not be working. Can you let me know how I too can obtain new clips?
I came up with a fix for the clips...simply use the bold holes in the windshield frame. Use your tool kit and take out the 4 windshield bolts on the either side of the sin visors. I used my cordless drill to quickly remove and reinstall the bolts. You do not need to lower the entire windshield. I just used a pool noodle to give me enough room to work.
I used 6" bungee balls to secure the front of the sunscreen. It was nice and tight in the front. If you would rather have some slack, use 8" bungee balls that can be ordered on amazon for a reasonable price. Be sure to put the balls on the top so it does not interfere with the sun visors. I also used the holes on the side of the roll bar frame for the side bungee ball mounts to even out the mesh. Overall I am very satisfied with the results...and yes I know the mesh in upside down...I would rather see the logo in the Jeep than from the top which few people see.
Here are the pics:
as1-jpg-jpg.jpg
as2-jpg-jpg.jpg
as3-jpg-jpg.jpg
as4-jpg-jpg.jpg
as5-jpg-jpg.jpg

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Hey, need some of these clips too and for some reason I can’t PM you and the website isn’t responding. Anyway to get more of these clips?

thanks.
Sponsored