Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone experience this, I forgot to disconnect it while installing my lift so it's totally my fault. the connector itself seems fine, and there was not enough stress to pop out any of the wire holders. I caught it pretty quick before the full axle weight was on the connector.

Does anyone know if there is a way to clear the service 4wd code. If it is supposed to clear on it's own I'll go ahead and assume I broke it and will have to re-wire in a new connector.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
It should clear on it's own if the connection is good. I forgot to re-connect my rear one as soon as I did the light went off.

OP
OP
Alacon01

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So as a resolution here, and hopefully some reads this when they do it, because its an easy mistake to make.

The issue for me was no slacking the line pulled one of the 4 pins out of the connector.

The fix is to gently pry apart the connector cover, pup up the little top piece that holds the pins in place, slide the pin back into it's socket, then you place the cover back over it and plug it back in.

Once I pulled the cover off the missing pin popped right up.
IMG_20180708_115656.jpg

Here is a side view of the cover you need to pup up to slide the pin back in place.
IMG_20180708_115728.jpg

all pins back in place with stops up.
IMG_20180708_115918.jpg

Then just close everything back up.

IMG_20180708_115650 (1).jpg

flyinbrian929

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Had the same problem. I ordered a new wire harness and will cut it in farther up to ensure the water resistant connection at locker.

Reactions: J0E
OP
OP
Alacon01

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Had the same problem. I ordered a new wire harness and will cut it in farther up to ensure the water resistant connection at locker.
I was thinking i'd have to do that as well, I don't doubt that mine is as good as oem, however I was questioning it when I had it open. If i had thought about if before now I would have packed it with dielectric grease. I guess we'll see what happens.

Sponsored

Ejpaints

First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR firecracker red
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Industrial Engineering Technician
I hope you're still here to answer this. Where did you get the wire harness. My husband did this yesterday, the wires broke flush with the plug, and every so called replacement part is only a 2 wire harness vs the 4 wire we actually have.

flyinbrian929

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I hope you're still here to answer this. Where did you get the wire harness. My husband did this yesterday, the wires broke flush with the plug, and every so called replacement part is only a 2 wire harness vs the 4 wire we actually have.[/QUW

Went dealer got part number ordered online it was like 50$ at dealer 30$ online. Plug and play no cutting required.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
The dealer gave me part number 68403564AD for the "right side chassis harness" which includes the front and rear locker wires and the connectors at the axle. Price is $220+ and not in stock.

Any chance you could share the part number the dealer gave you or the dealer you called so I can ask them?

I appreciate your help! My lockers aren't working but more annoyingly neither is my cruise control since these broke.

303rider

First Name
Soleil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Can you post where you got the harness or the part number?

frostai

First Name
Tristani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Took mine to the dealer for same problem, they did a repair job. Not happy at all with the work done, they cut the original plug a few inches above the frame and spliced the cables and wrapped them in electrical tape. Very disappointing considering this is a 60k vehicle with 20k miles.
Jeep Wrangler JL Broken front locker connector. WhatsApp Image 2020-11-18 at 8.35.10 AM

Sponsored

Skystak

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 JL
I broke the plastic tab, wires are fine. Anyone update this please on how to get new tab?

DrGroovenstein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335is, Honda Pilot
Same here ... Need the part number for the 4 wire harness. Anybody have it?