First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Occupation
lab rat
Add me to the many who have a broken front driver body mount bolt. My situation is a little different though - it came with the Jeep from a private sale. Anyways - my JLUR is in for 30k service and the steering damper recall fix today. They also found the broken bolt. Awesome. In the background, I called in to Jeep Cares and have a case#. They're escalating this weirdness and are seeing what can be done as far as warranty. Especially since it came this way.
What my service guys are telling me is that to fix it, it would take removing the body from the frame to get at the broken end and extract. Yikes. They did tell me that if other places/dealers had a better, less massively involved way to fix, they'd be all ears. So, Iowa Jeep friends, I need recommended dealers or mom & pop body shops, 4x4 shops or whoever have fixed this without removing the body. And I'll pass on the info to the service guys! Thanks so much in advance!
Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Add me to the many who have a broken front driver body mount bolt. My situation is a little different though - it came with the Jeep from a private sale. Anyways - my JLUR is in for 30k service and the steering damper recall fix today. They also found the broken bolt. Awesome. In the background, I called in to Jeep Cares and have a case#. They're escalating this weirdness and are seeing what can be done as far as warranty.
If you bought it from a private party, why would you expect Jeep to warranty this? PO probably sheered it off while they owned it, so I'd think any warranty claim with Jeep will go nowhere. But best of luck, maybe they will :).

OP
OP
merfiblue18

merfiblue18

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Occupation
lab rat
Honestly I don't know what to expect. I just jumped in to the process of contacting Jeep and seeing what's possible. According to the records, I do still have warranty. As well, I have an extended that's pretty awesome. All I can do is try 😊

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I've read some have pulled up the carpet and cut an access point through the floor.

OP
OP
merfiblue18

merfiblue18

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Occupation
lab rat
I've read some have pulled up the carpet and cut an access point through the floor.
That seems to be the fix that works, from what I've been reading.
Found out today that FCA isn't covering (kinda expected this, honestly, but thought it was worth a shot).

chance575

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jtd, Jlr, z06, Miata, Chevelle, S-10 blazer
Find spot above broken bolt, use hole saw to make access point above it, cut retaining metal on nut holding broken bit in, weld nut to washer and then washer to where you removed broken bit, paint, weld hole sawed piece back in, and paint , install new body mount bolt. I’ve done this many times on old YJs I was doing body lifts on.
Sponsored