Sponsored

Broken Arrow Trail - Sedona. Good for newbies?

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
Plenty of easy trails and great views near Diamond Gulch ,went last year. Cant wait to go back.

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken Arrow Trail - Sedona.  Good for newbies? IMG_4468

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken Arrow Trail - Sedona.  Good for newbies? IMG_4428

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken Arrow Trail - Sedona.  Good for newbies? IMG_4453

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken Arrow Trail - Sedona.  Good for newbies? IMG_4388
Sponsored

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
heading there June 20-23

any other must hit trails that a Rubi with 35's no lift can handle easily?
Soldier Pass and Schnelby Hill. There are many other trails in the area that can be seen from the road but we did not have a lot of time. Soldier Pass requires a permit and they only give a few out every day. That and Broken Arrow are pretty short.

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Taking my wife out to to Sedona to run this trail early October. Does anyone know how steep of a grade Devils Staircase is? I'm not worried about it, my wife and I are just having a competition to see who guesses closer but we can't find the answer anywhere online. TIA!

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It's a short and simple trail but very scenic. Have fun! @Mocopo you can see the staircase in this video starting around time = 1:39.

Last edited:

Sidewalk

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Is this the trail that goes by "White Line"? Where some of the idiots (like me) ride their mountain bikes on the cliff face?

Always tons of pink Jeeps.

Sponsored

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Is this the trail that goes by "White Line"? Where some of the idiots (like me) ride their mountain bikes on the cliff face?

Always tons of pink Jeeps.
Yes, this trail has a good parking spot near the white line bike "trail". A youtube video of the white line shows the parking lot view.

Sidewalk

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I've done White Line, so I know the view from that angle :)

musicforme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X v6, Auto, Step-Assist Rock Rails
Drove up to Sedona for the day with three of my kids. For those that read this down the road, today was Monday, President's Day. Traffic getting into Sedona was TERRIBLE as expected.

The parking lot at the trail head was 95% full when I got there. There was one spot open and I used it to air down before hitting the trail. I saw maybe 3 or 4 Pink Jeeps on the first half of the trail and none on the back half. Aside from them, only a couple other vehicle out on the trail today. I imagine the weekend was busier.

Most of the trail I was in 4 High and aired down to 22 psi. Jeep did great. As I approached the stairs, I engaged the front and rear lockers and put it in 4L. I only did that to slow my ascent down the stairs since my kids were with me. One of the stairs just barely caught one of the skid plates on my Rubicon X.

I'll dig through my photos from today and find a few of the best ones.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Broken Arrow is one of those trails that Youtube influencers have hyped up to be more than it is. It is an easy trail. I was disappointed that I spent the time to air down for it. Do Broken Arrow for the views. It is pretty. Take some time to do some hiking at the end of the trail.

If you like hiking. I would also recommend Doing Soldiers Pass. Okay wheeling and there is a cool cave at the end.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 2017 WK2, 2018 JLU, 2022 JTOD
Broken Arrow is one of those trails that Youtube influencers have hyped up to be more than it is. It is an easy trail. I was disappointed that I spent the time to air down for it. Do Broken Arrow for the views. It is pretty. Take some time to do some hiking at the end of the trail.
Agree 100% with this. There are only 2 or 3 obstacles there, it’s more for the views than anything. It’s a good place for a beginner to learn, and you don’t even need to take the staircase if you don’t want to. We completely missed it the first time we were there because we couldn’t find it.
Sponsored