Sponsored

Broken Arrow Trail - Sedona. Good for newbies?

themartinz

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
So Cal Rubi owner here, and going on my first true trail adventure with the girlfriend in June. We are heading to Sedona and plan to do Broken Arrow Trail. Videos seem like it isn't too too difficult. My JLUR is still stock height with stock tires. I've taken it to Hungry Valley and ran the Off Road practice obstacles and it was pretty easy. I do have and air down kit and ran them at 15 lbs at Hungry Valley OHV and part of my learning. Any feedback or advice would be appreciated. Or if anyone plans to be there the week of Memorial Day (After Memorial day like June 3 or 4) let me know.
Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
very easy, even when wet. no 4wd needed kind of easy. It's rated hard because I see people driving subaru and unlifted 2wd toyotas.

OP
OP
themartinz

themartinz

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
very easy, even when wet. no 4wd needed kind of easy. It's rated hard because I see people driving subaru and unlifted 2wd toyotas.
Gotcha. The videos i've seen make it look pretty basic, but very scenic.

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Also, be prepared for an overpopulated trail ride. 95% of the trail is single vehicle wide with 2 way traffic and minimal pull outs. It's a must do trail for the views, not difficult at all but always crowded!
Jeep Wrangler JL Broken Arrow Trail - Sedona.  Good for newbies? FB_IMG_1603791372776~2

Sponsored

OP
OP
themartinz

themartinz

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Also, be prepared for an overpopulated trail ride. 95% of the trail is single vehicle wide with 2 way traffic and minimal pull outs. It's a must do trail for the views, not difficult at all but always crowded!
Jeep Wrangler JL Broken Arrow Trail - Sedona.  Good for newbies? FB_IMG_1603791372776~2
Definitely why I'm going on a weekday... hopefully a few less peeps! Pretty sweet picture there!!!

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
We ran my stock JLUR on Broken Arrow. My daughter’s (now former) fiancé did a lot of the driving and it was the first time we drove on a trail. I want to go back so I can drive it :LOL:.

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken Arrow Trail - Sedona.  Good for newbies? 3E0A0101-2-X3

Buckzona

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
You'll be fine with your stock Rubi. Try to get there early in the day and you'll miss most of the tours and side by side traffic, not to mention seeing a great sunrise. There are some fun obstacles on the trail, and you may hit some skids on the staircase near the end of the trail. Also look into Soldier Pass trail. It has very limited availability and you'll need a pass from www.reacreation.gov. Heading back there next week and I'll try to post a Broken Arrow trail update. Enjoy!

Beancooker

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
General Manager
Taking a guy from work out to Broken Arrow tomorrow. Pretty easy trail, if you pick easy lines. You can make it more challenging by picking harder lines.

After Broken Arrow, I’ll take him down the bad sections of FR 9513. Still pretty easy, but more challenging if you pick hard lines.

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

broken arrow is a great trail. My only suggestion is get there before 7am or else the pink jeeps will be on your but and flying past you. i found it more enjoyable when i was going my pace and able to look around.

IMG_6691.JPG

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I went when it was raining & it was empty.. except for one other yellow Rubi 👌

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken Arrow Trail - Sedona.  Good for newbies? freedomisntfree
your picture has me missing Sedona!

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
heading there June 20-23

any other must hit trails that a Rubi with 35's no lift can handle easily?

OP
OP
themartinz

themartinz

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
So I made the trip to Sedona. It was great! About 90 degrees and hit trails Thursday and Friday. Sedona was crowded, but the trails weren't at all. A few pink Jeeps and a few other jeeps, but not bad at all.

Did Broken arrow on Thursday... No problems, but rubbed the bottom on the final steps coming down. I'm on stock Rubi tires with no lift, but overall handled it all with no probs. I aired down to about 18 pounds.

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken Arrow Trail - Sedona.  Good for newbies? 20210603_115305

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken Arrow Trail - Sedona.  Good for newbies? 20210603_115930

On Friday, we did Schnebly Road. Not as technical but REALLY rough!! It was fun and super rocky. Climbed up to the top around 6k feet. Great views!

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken Arrow Trail - Sedona.  Good for newbies? Schnebly

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken Arrow Trail - Sedona.  Good for newbies? 20210604_112623

Sponsored

Last edited: