Sponsored

Broken Arrow trail in Sedona AZ (honor?)

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I plan to run broken arrow trail later this week and probably soldier pass.
Soldier Pass is great! Very short, but some neat points of interest. Make sure you get a reservation in advance as the entrance requires a code to get in. The good thing about that is that it's very, very lightly traveled. Also had the cleanest porta potties I've ever seen...
Sponsored

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
Thanks for posting this and that picture is great.
Why do you say Schnebly is gawd awful? Just boring? I got some super old folks with me and that may be more their speed.
The trail is long, boring, and VERY rocky. Even aired down you get tossed around a lot. Nothing technical, jut follow the road and look for turnouts for the sites which are quit impressive. As another said if you start it at the north end you come in through a forest on a light trail and pass a bunch of BLM campgrounds until you reach the lookout which is spectacular. Then you can take that all the way to the bottom where you end up in Sedona.

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
I got mine at soldier pass trailhead sign with online instructions/payment then received code for gate lock.

From permit email:
"

Day Use Only permit:
  • You must have your permit with you while using this road. Print and carry a hardcopy or have an electronic copy on your mobile device. Permit holders are responsible for knowing and obeying all forest rules, regulations, and closure orders.
  • There are two gates controlling access to Soldier Pass Road. Access to the trailhead parking area and the road is controlled by an electronic gate managed by the local Home Owners’ Association. This gate is open daily, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. The second gate is accessed using the lock combination provided on your permit.
"

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
so, against everyones recommendation, I did Schnebly Road the other day. I came from the north side (I-17) and finished in Sedona. Couldnt agree more on everyones comments. We were regretting it 25min in (with 1 hour to go).
Sedona was awesome though. From that prespective it was well worth it to see those sites and end up where we did.

Sponsored

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
so, against everyones recommendation, I did Schnebly Road the other day. I came from the north side (I-17) and finished in Sedona. Couldnt agree more on everyones comments. We were regretting it 25min in (with 1 hour to go).
Sedona was awesome though. From that prespective it was well worth it to see those sites and end up where we did.
Glad you had fun. I enjoyed the north start and ending in Sedona for town life festivities, which are better than the trail, um I meant road. lol

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
Fuck. Alright imma check it off my list of things to do this weekend. I’m a sucker for punishment. Although it wasn’t high on my list of trails. I’ll get it done and done.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
We ran Broken Arrow a few weeks ago. After watching it on YouTube and reading about it, it did not live up to my expectations.

Still a nice trail, some nice views, but in my opinion a very easy trail. At the end, I was like I aired down for this??? It was way easier than I expected.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
What is disappointing to see broken Arrow is no longer included on the jeep badge of honor app.
Was it ever? I know that Schnebly Hill is/was. Broken Arrow is more fun however. Schnebly isn't technical and picks you up and shakes you like a dog with all of the bumps.

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken Arrow trail in Sedona AZ (honor?) 1653666049956

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken Arrow trail in Sedona AZ (honor?) 1653666082731

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Was it ever? I know that Schnebly Hill is/was. Broken Arrow is more fun however. Schnebly isn't technical and picks you up and shakes you like a dog with all of the bumps.

1653666049956.png
At least you got the badge, our BoH app jacked up, w/ a check-in pending, locked up and never got it in :( Happened for 2 other badges (Rocky Gap & Table Mesa) tried emailing a few times w/ no luck. Oh well, it was still a good time :)

Sponsored

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken Arrow trail in Sedona AZ (honor?) 1653666082731
Interesting that a ROAD can be a trail of honor...
Broken Arrow is a famous trail and should be listed in the Jeep App as easy.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting that a ROAD can be a trail of honor...
Broken Arrow is a famous trail and should be listed in the Jeep App as easy.
I totally agree with both of those comments.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least you got the badge, our BoH app jacked up, w/ a check-in pending, locked up and never got it in :( Happened for 2 other badges (Rocky Gap & Table Mesa) tried emailing a few times w/ no luck. Oh well, it was still a good time :)
If you know that you ran them and want the badge to display, you can probably find one on eBay.

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
I think the reason Schnelby is BOH is because you toughed it out.

Broken Arrow was a nice trail with great views and not difficult. Way more fun for me but not difficult. At least I had to consider some approach angles and whatnot. I took my 80yo mom. Just me and her. I didnt need any spotting or anything.
Sponsored