Sponsored

Broke my new Jeep :(

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Removal of these bolts must be done keeping all the torque in the vertical space. You add any horizontal torque even while pulling and it’s going to snap.

This is best with an induction bolt heater and an impact wrench and then lots of little bit forward and a little bit back until all of that loctite is in motion.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Removal of these bolts must be done keeping all the torque in the vertical space. You add any horizontal torque even while pulling and it’s going to snap.

This is best with an induction bolt heater and an impact wrench and then lots of little bit forward and a little bit back until all of that loctite is in motion.
Excellent advice right there....

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Soooooooooo,
Got a call from the dealer today. Said they had to refer it to their body shop. It would be $800 including tax. I told them about my call to Jeep Cares and how they said it would be covered. I gave them the telephone number I called and who I talked to. Called back this afternoon. It is covered. Whew. I give a HUGE HUMONGOUS thumbs up to my dealer. Will pick it up Thursday or Friday.

AND! They were looking at the directions for the rock rail install, and even though the install manual says undo the middle and rear body bolt, they aren't used for anything. Once you put the rock rail on with other frame fasteners and bolts, it says to just put them back in and tighten up the bolts you took out. WTF?????
Sponsored