Broke 4wd wheeling

jmcda68

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
So after getting stuck in a mud pit, climbing mountains in Tennessee and Georgia.. I seemed to have broke my 4wd while driving over a stick.

It stuck out slightly more towards passenger side and service 4wd light came on as soon as I rolled over it. I took off the 4wd actuator thinking it might have just been dirty but looked fine (other than breaking it more when I accidently broke while clip)

I'm waiting to take it to a dealer for an FCA steering stabilizer fix and going to see if they can take a look but is there anything I can check in mean time?
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So after getting stuck in a mud pit, climbing mountains in Tennessee and Georgia.. I seemed to have broke my 4wd while driving over a stick.

It stuck out slightly more towards passenger side and service 4wd light came on as soon as I rolled over it. I took off the 4wd actuator thinking it might have just been dirty but looked fine (other than breaking it more when I accidently broke while clip)

I'm waiting to take it to a dealer for an FCA steering stabilizer fix and going to see if they can take a look but is there anything I can check in mean time?
Hi jmcda68,
Once you take your vehicle to the dealer, keep us updated. If you are interested in additional assistance throughout the process, feel free to reach out through private message!
Laura
Jeep Cares

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
I’m guessing the 4wd light will encompass several parts like the front axle Disconnect, lockers, swaybar disconnect I would check the electrical hook ups to all of them
Sponsored