Sponsored

British Car Reviewer doesn't understand removable doors and center window switches

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
And then goes to insult people's wits when people explain to him it's because of removable doors. With other comments following calling out Jeepers "morons".
Apparently they don't use their own "wits" to realize that it’s designed so not all doors necessarily needed to be removed at the same time and still need to operate those windows.

I'm just slightly irritated by the fact that Jeep in this case actually designed this feature and considered all usage scenarios thoroughly, also a fact that center window controls aren't new on the 2020, or the JL, or the Wranglers for that matter... it's as if this is the first time ever they saw a Wrangler..

Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
You forgot YouTube rule #2... don’t watch videos where the thumbnail is someone with an over-the-top expression on his or her face or if his or her confused-looking face is superimposed next to the reviewed item.

It’s closely related to YouTube rule #3: don’t watch videos where the thumbnail contains the title of the video and the title follows the following structure:
“Top x things YOU didn’t know about blank!”
Blank is awesome (and here’s proof)”
“[Celebrity] shows off his lightsaber skills!”
“The TRUTH about [any common consumer-grade product]”

Of course, I shouldn’t even have to mention rule #1- don’t read the comment section.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Did not watch the video, but if door lock switches can be installed on the doors, why not the window switches? I am sure there is a reason, though it has not been so obvious to me.

What am I missing?

Sponsored

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
Did not watch the video, but if door lock switches can be installed on the doors, why not the window switches? I am sure there is a reason, though it has not been so obvious to me.

What am I missing?
I'd love to know the answer to that one too - seems to make no sense!

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
"Apparently they don't use their own "wits" to realize that it’s designed so not all doors necessarily needed to be removed at the same time and still need to operate those windows."

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.

What am I missing?
They shouldn't have put the door-locks on the doors. When I go doors off in front, but not in back (kids), I can't control the locks without the key-fob or using the passive entry on the tailgate. That is a major PITA.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
From the mouth of someone from the country that gave us the Mini Cooper and all of it's idiosyncrasies.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
They shouldn't have put the door-locks on the doors. When I go doors off in front, but not in back (kids), I can't control the locks without the key-fob or using the passive entry on the tailgate. That is a major PITA.
This would make more sense than splitting them apart! Especially since a single button could be used to lock/unlock all doors.
Sponsored