danm

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
One of the things I found to be the most eye opening... the engineers had the toughest job in the world.

They would ask things like “who wants better gas mileage” every hand went up.

Who would be willing to have the windshield leaned back for better mileage? ... no hands

Who would be willing to give up the folding windshield for better gas mileage.
No hands went up.

So as consumers we were basically saying... Make it better & don’t change anything.
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Does anyone remember the real Camp Jeep? I’m referring to the multi day events that took place in Virginia and PA back in the late 90’s and early 2000’s.
I was at one at Oak Ridge Estates in VA many years ago. Tony Hawk and Shawn White had a half pipe session there. There were round table discussions with owners and engineers. There were several days of trail rides and events. Concert at the end was Tim McGraw. I have so many great memories from Camp Jeep.

Anyone else been to a Camp Jeep?

Any memories to share?
No, but back around that time, a friend was setting next to me in a archery deer blind after we had drank all the beer in the cooler, and asked "...you do know who Tim McGraw's father is, right?" . I replied: "QuickDraw McGraw?". I guess you had to be there.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I remember going to one, back in 1998, when I bought my first Wrangler. One thing I remember doing was an obstacle course, with logs to go over. Even if they were partially burried, it was fun. Back then, they teased us with a V10 Viper Engine, stuffed inside a TJ. I sure drooled over that. That was a fun time, for new owners of Wranglers.

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
We loved camp jeep. Went in 96 and 2000. Had a new ZJ in 96 and still surprised I did some of those trails. Was hooked on the new TJ's they had available to see and drive. My kids were very young and have had jeeps for years and still talk about the influence camp jeep had.
Sponsored