BRIGHT WHITE Wrangler JL Club

Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ordered 11-7-17 I was is d status for 75 days then things started moving quickly
Ouch 75 days is a long waiting game, but now the fun begins
Just tinted the front windows and windshield yesterday...

0F8C8E5C-E1ED-435A-9B18-7A6A4D5FD929.jpeg
Congrats, what tint you wind up going with and how far down did you go on windshield?

JGrand48219

First Name
J. Grand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara, 2011 Chevy Camaro SS, 2016 Harley Road Glide
Ouch 75 days is a long waiting game, but now the fun begins

Congrats, what tint you wind up going with and how far down did you go on windshield?
15% on the front and 30% on the windshield. I tinted the whole windshield

merilm

First Name
Meril
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser (sold), 2018 White JLU Sahara ordered, 2013 HD Softtail Deluxe w/ a little extra chrome.
Occupation
semi-retired
Just tinted the front windows and windshield yesterday...

0F8C8E5C-E1ED-435A-9B18-7A6A4D5FD929.jpeg
Hey JGrand, I've been looking around this site daily and you still have the best looking Sahara hands down !! Mine here this coming week hopefully. Have a couple more quick questions please, as I'm still on fence about wheels and tires spec's -

1) Your wheels are (-) 12 offset so you've got a nice wide stance, which visually is really cool imo. However, do you find it gets dirty quicker since wheels are out 2 inches farther and slinging road grime outside of the fender flairs ? or no big deal and you really don't notice it ? I am in NW Minnesota so lots of snow and slush driving 5 months of the year.
2) Everything Ok still with the road noise from your (awesome looking) MT tires ?
3) How's your gas mileage so far with the 12.5 " tires ?

Very much appreciated !! mjm

Sponsored

JGrand48219

First Name
J. Grand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara, 2011 Chevy Camaro SS, 2016 Harley Road Glide
Hey JGrand, I've been looking around this site daily and you still have the best looking Sahara hands down !! Mine here this coming week hopefully. Have a couple more quick questions please, as I'm still on fence about wheels and tires spec's -

1) Your wheels are (-) 12 offset so you've got a nice wide stance, which visually is really cool imo. However, do you find it gets dirty quicker since wheels are out 2 inches farther and slinging road grime outside of the fender flairs ? or no big deal and you really don't notice it ? I am in NW Minnesota so lots of snow and slush driving 5 months of the year.
2) Everything Ok still with the road noise from your (awesome looking) MT tires ?
3) How's your gas mileage so far with the 12.5 " tires ?

Very much appreciated !! mjm
Thank you!

1) Yes, since the wheels stick out a couple of inches it tends to kick up slush, rain water, etc on top of the fenders. I live in the Detroit area so I deal with the snow about 4-5 months out of the year as well.

2) Road noise is tolerable, I tend to play music or listen to sports radio most of the time. I have Toyo Open Country R/Ts, so the road noise is not as bad as some MTs.

3) Gas mileage is not too far off. I only had the factory tires on for one full tank of gas, and from memory I don’t believe it was too significant. I only work a few miles away so I’m rarely go on the freeway. But who buys a wrangler for good gas mileage, right? Lol

Never3nuff

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR , '18 Jaguar F-Pace S
Occupation
retired
My JLUR is a week old today. I put 315/70/17 BFG KO2's on my stock Rubi wheels while I try a and decide on which wheels I like.. I also added 5% tint over the factory tinted rear glass. rear doors and the three windows in the hard top.
35 on stock carrier
EcqgtrciRCuK%RUezabBbA.jpg
ERhw4siMSre5tT9TuI3SLA.jpg
6lzsHeK0TtmS9BR9Rdn3cQ.jpg
bCGIncXIQWGax+1JBNNq4g.jpg
IrKXiesDQcaEta3NVvoH2w.jpg

Sponsored

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
I always thought that white lettered tires look great on white vehicles, either solid or white outline lettering. Anyone consider this when upgrading tires from stock? The BFG block lettering is pretty cool. Only one of seen is the one by one of the project jeeps that had the mud terrains and cool new wheels.

mcclain

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU - White
Got her Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/75/R17's on today, went with ProComp for the rims 4.75 of backspacing and -6 for the offset. The handling and ride are great, have not noticed a decrease in power yet, but have not hit the highway for a prolonged period of time. Looking forward to adding more to her later
IMG_5447.jpg
IMG_5451.jpg
IMG_5455.jpg

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Got her Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/75/R17's on today, went with ProComp for the rims 4.75 of backspacing and -6 for the offset. The handling and ride are great, have not noticed a decrease in power yet, but have not hit the highway for a prolonged period of time. Looking forward to adding more to her later
IMG_5447.jpg
IMG_5451.jpg
IMG_5455.jpg
Looks awesome!

Justtiffmonae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara Unlimited
IMG_2256.JPG
IMG_2264.JPG
IMG_2279.JPG
IMG_2281.JPG
Today makes a week since I picked her up officially named her Felicity meaning happiness and good luck :involve: although she's currently at the dealership becuase I noticed some leaking between the freedom panels into the rear view mirrors down into cup holders after a rainy day other than that, I'm in love!
Sponsored