Sponsored

BRIGHT WHITE Wrangler JL Club

Sponsored

xj_scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
looks like a great trip! What roof rack is that? How do you like it?
I'm just using 3 Thule gutter mounted cross bars at the moment, it works great for the occasional trip but I'm planning to eventually upgrade to an integrated system as my trips get more frequent and intense.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Jeep Wrangler JL BRIGHT WHITE Wrangler JL Club IMG_20210303_131635123_HDR_2

Off-roading at Jordan Creek, Oregon! Took some great photos (while checking for damage) Always forget to take some while on the trail! Still stock with Michelin tires:rock:
Question about the hinge covers - are they mostly for the look, or do they offer any functional protection?

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
Question about the hinge covers - are they mostly for the look, or do they offer any functional protection?
I bought them with protection in mind because my uncle who owns 2 Jeeps said the paint tends to crack on them over time but I love them for their look.

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks.
I have the metalcloak 3.5" lift, I don't have any before and after measurements. I do have the stock plastic inner fenders, they'll rub a bit in the rear when really really stuffed but I don't really care. Fronts will rub a bit when fully stuffed and turned full lock, but, again, don't care.

Eventually I'll replace the fenders and fender liners together, I actually have a set of road armorfenders sitting about 6 hours away at a friend's house, just haven't gotten around to going to grab them yet.

Here's a few pictures at my pseudo RTI ramp and a tree at the house. No rubbing in any of these pictures with 28lbs in each tire.

Love the pics!! I’m looking into getting the 3.5” Gamechanger lift from metalcloak with rocksport long travel shocks and a new driveshaft and would like to get some feedback on your experience and if it was worth the money it costs.

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Love the pics!! I’m looking into getting the 3.5” Gamechanger lift from metalcloak with rocksport long travel shocks and a new driveshaft and would like to get some feedback on your experience and if it was worth the money it costs.
Absolutely worth the money. There are cheaper options obviously but then you'll eventually spend the same or more money to buy all the pieces that come in the game changer. Buy once, cry once, as they say. It's a great lift. We've had the rocksports for 2 years. Actually just got 2 free replacements because of a top bushing issue on both front shocks. They've changed the design since so we won't have the same issue again.

The flex is great, the on road manners are great. We only drove had 3k miles before getting the lift so I don't really remember what stock was like at this point, but we're happy with it.

Overall, great product and customer service

Sponsored

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the latest upgrades on my 2018 JLUS.

2" Mopar Lift
315/70/17 BFG AT on Rubicon Wheels
Front and rear adjustable track bars
Front lower adjustable JLS arms.

IMG_1440.jpeg

oldmannewjeep

First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I'm just using 3 Thule gutter mounted cross bars at the moment, it works great for the occasional trip but I'm planning to eventually upgrade to an integrated system as my trips get more frequent and intense.
Thanks; I'm looking to upgrade myself, hence the question. I've got the Mopar cross bars currently, but they didn't hold up well on my trip to Big Bend. Thinking of either the DeeZee or ARB Base Rack; I like the lower profile of each