buckinoff

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Grill makes it pop. Is that the satin grill or did you plastidip yours?
I had it painted satin at the local shop. I did plastidip the front fog light bezels and side emblems. I'm sure I would have been fine and saved 150 bucks plastidipping the grill, but they did a great job. Also ha a $400 quote to have it vinyl wrapped.
Sponsored

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is Jeep giving the option of white letters on the Rubicon tires now? Or did they just recently switch all of them to tires with raised white letters on the BFG KO2s?

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
Is Jeep giving the option of white letters on the Rubicon tires now? Or did they just recently switch all of them to tires with raised white letters on the BFG KO2s?
You have the option ("OWL") when ordering to have the letters on the outside for no extra charge.

Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

There’s 51 pages that I plan to look through, but thought I’d ask as well ...

Any picks of white JLU Sport S with Rubi standard takeoffs flaotingfg around? I was initially thinking black but my wife likes white and I’m starting to appreciate the contrasting white and black.

Thanks, Brad

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

Any picks of white JLU Sport S with Rubi standard takeoffs flaotingfg around? I was initially thinking black but my wife likes white and I’m starting to appreciate the contrasting white and black.

Thanks, Brad
Got it ... thanks @1quick1

20180224_165907-jpg.jpg

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

A48269BE-AEA1-435D-B85B-515683D7D0FA.jpeg
Hi all,

Thanks, Brad
Here’s white with black Rubi tires

Sponsored

jk8290

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my wrangler on 8/4. Ordered 7/2.
Installed floor mats, cargo mat, cargo tub liner, door sill guards, door hinge protector from red rocket racing and GPCA grab handles.

Sitting in garage waiting for install: mopar off road lights, rough country hood light bar and the tailgate table.

A249267C-AE74-43A3-9264-215A60915496.jpeg

RubiconRider

First Name
Deen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2016 Rubicon
IMG_5350.jpg

My white 2dr Rubicon arrived at the dealership tonight and this is the pic my dealer set me. I pick it up tomorrow!

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Picked up my wrangler on 8/4. Ordered 7/2.
Installed floor mats, cargo mat, cargo tub liner, door sill guards, door hinge protector from red rocket racing and GPCA grab handles.

Sitting in garage waiting for install: mopar off road lights, rough country hood light bar and the tailgate table.

A249267C-AE74-43A3-9264-215A60915496.jpeg
Where did you get the red license mounting plate. Strange shape

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

IMG_5350.jpg

My white 2dr Rubicon arrived at the dealership tonight and this is the pic my dealer set me. I pick it up tomorrow!
V

Great configuration - like the black fenders and top. Very nice

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The dealer will undoubtedly get an ok from FCA to paint the grill and 3 side moldings.. They may let you get it painted black versus white. Reality is, once they have a body shop paint it, FCA is done with it, as in no more grill warranty in regard to the finish lets say. You have a problem after painting it's on you and the body shop..

My dealership gave me the option to paint the white grill white or black but I declined because....

PROBLEM ...... Any decent body shop will warn you not to paint that white plastic grill black! Why you ask ......... well, after painted, any little chip will reveal the white underneath. In short order, you will have a white speckled grill. Sure you can try to touch it up.... have fun with that.

Painting white on the white plastic grill will leave you with a grill that chips will not show up as bad on...

BEST BET is, if you want a black grill, regardless of the reason, is for you to buy one of the JL grill's (comes in black) and have it painted the exact color black you desire. Geeez, you may even like the black they come in.. Leave the stock grill in the closet and hopefully, in a few months you can get a new white version grill under warranty.

So, you want that newly purchased black the color black you want.... Either paint it at a cost of $350-600+- or save a few hundred and have the product "Auto Flex" applied in the color matte black lets say. Auto Flex application will cost you about $200 ... done by a professional applicator. Now, when you get the grill chips, (and you will) you will not see the chips as under the top coating it is black. 8-)

An option for some if you can work it out with the dealer...... IF you like the color of the Mopar Black Satin Grill for JL or the JL Assembly grill.... they are black but a different shade, then get the dealer to get FCA to approve that they get you one of these grills and install same. I also had my dealer offer this..... but I do not personally like the color black on either grill so I declined.

In closing, careful with any grill decision you make.....remember a painted grill is far far different then the white plastic grill that comes with the JL. Painted grill, will be very prone to chipping versus the white or black plastic grill.

Hopefully, soon the manufacturer of the grill will find away to manufacture the grill in a way where it will not yellow over time and or sun/heat exposure.

p.s. My dealership GM has been terrific to deal with. I got the pick of the litter so to speak with him. A stand up guy.

We did our JK with the bed liner spray an and it looked great. We put 3 coats on it and it never chipped at all. the textured look really good. we our now thinking about doing are new white JL too
Sponsored