Sponsored

Bright White grille turning yellow

jchie21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S 2D
Went to the dealer to get it checked out, they ordered another grill for the jeep and will get it painted. Still waiting for a call back when its ready.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Had my grill painted by the dealer a couple of months ago. I noticed today that it is starting to yellow again around the drivers headlight.
@Beepbeep

Is it the grill trim molding on the driver's side? Undoubtedly, the dealer had the grill painted and not the molding. You did not notice it was yellow earlier or it just recently began yellowing. SO, is it the drver's side trim molding?

BbyGrlJJ

First Name
Jamie Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@Rhinebeck01

Thanks Rhinebeck01!! Thanks everyone else too! This has not deterred me from choosing the Bright White :) Great to know it's all covered!

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so I've noticed this issue with my Bright White as well. I also have some moisture in the passenger side LED turn signal, so I need to take mine in to have that fixed anyway. If they are just replacing the grill and keeping the old one for FCA, I wonder if they'll let me replace it with the Mopar flat black? The cost has to be relatively the same I would think. Also, the dealer I purchased from is way further away then the one down the street from me.... Is this a well enough known issue that the closer dealership won't give me $h!t?

Sponsored

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Noticed today I have the same problem on my Bright White Rubi.
PMed Jeep care....
Same here i have the yellowing happening on my 4 mo old bright white Rubi on the grill and painted flares at top of crease... I have included a couple of pictures highlighting the area... i notice only on the grill and both front fenders...

IMG_6867.JPG

IMG_6868.JPG

cchapa59

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON JLU 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Hello group!
I have a bright white rubicon and I noticed my grille is turning yellow. The yellow may be due to heat or sun exposure but either way it shouldn’t happen especially within the three months I have had the new JL. Can anyone provide info or possible solutions? Thanks
I just realize today that i have the same problem, nit good

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
Damn I didn't know the fender area was getting it too. WTF? Now I'll have to keep an eye on that.

Goheels11

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW x6
My 2018 Rubi bright white is doing the exact same thing, noticed it yesterday after washing. Taking it in this afternoon. 4000 miles.

Sponsored

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Same here i have the yellowing happening on my 4 mo old bright white Rubi on the grill and painted flares at top of crease... I have included a couple of pictures highlighting the area... i notice only on the grill and both front fenders...

IMG_6867.JPG

IMG_6868.JPG
I just dropped my Jeep off at dealership who is working with Jeep Cares on this item... They will have it for about a week as they are sending it over to paint shop to pull and redo grill and fenders that are yellowing... Jeep Cares called me right after dropping it off to ensure all items are noted and will be working with the dealership directly with this issue... I will say the Jeep Cares team has been very good in helping to get this thing moving... I will provide details once I get it back...

Picked up Jeep from dealer and it is a huge difference after body shop repainted. Grill and fenders look brand new. I will get pictures tomorrow and post them here.

Last edited:

saltyaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
18 JLUS delivered May 2018 here. Even in our intense sun in deep south TX, I really haven't noticed any yellowing of my grill or any other plastic body parts yet. They must have used inferior paint on some JL's?

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure my Jeep has this and it's been garaged every day of its 4k mile/1yr long life at work and home so I can't blame the TX sun for it. I noticed it on my grill when washing a few weeks ago. It wasn't incredibly drastic, but there is a different hue to it.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
1,200 miles and mine is doing it now. 5 weeks old and garage kept. I've customized my 7 grill inserts black and the "honeycomb" red. I sure hope they don't blame me. Would any dealer repaint or otherwise paint keep it from yellowing if it's heat from the motor related? 2019 JLUR. Anyone have luck with a permanent fix.

I guess I need to read all the messages.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
With white 2019's hitting the streets, can any new owners confirm or deny whether their 2019's are experiencing the grill yellowing?
Confirmed mine was built in February 2019
Sponsored