Bright White grille turning yellow

JCstingray

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport Altitude 2.0T Sting Gray
Oh man, I know misery loves company but I was really hoping this was only effecting Bright White. I finally took mine to my local dealer two weeks ago and rec’d an approval for them to cover under warranty. I ended up showing the tech this thread because at first his demeanor was pretty non committal when I took his first pass. Have to drop it off next week for four days with no loaner so I’m not 100% thrilled with the whole thing but it could be much worse.
I think its affecting all paint colors. White is just the most noticeable one. My sting gray only really shows on direct sunlight or white led lighting on that particular area, and you have to be looking for it. Its definitely from the engine heat, I can feel it. I have a 2.0t, i wonder if the 3.6l have the same heat issue that's causing the discoloration.

I have a altitude so I'm thinking of changing the grille to mopar satin black to match the other blackout parts if I do decide to do something about it. But i can live with it. I've accepted wranglers are cheap high production cars. Sad but true.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a 2021 sting gray with 3000 miles. Just noticed the yellowing on the driver side grill area near the hood. Not as noticeable unless on direct sunlight but its definitely there. Sad quality.
We're sorry to hear about this! At this time, have you notified your servicing Jeep dealer?

Oh man, I know misery loves company but I was really hoping this was only effecting Bright White. I finally took mine to my local dealer two weeks ago and rec’d an approval for them to cover under warranty. I ended up showing the tech this thread because at first his demeanor was pretty non committal when I took his first pass. Have to drop it off next week for four days with no loaner so I’m not 100% thrilled with the whole thing but it could be much worse.
Please keep us updated on the outcome of your appointment.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

AdamNash

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUS
Hi All, I picked up my Jeep and at first glance everything looked good. I was cleaning it up yesterday though and noticed that the top rivets holding my grill on where drilled out and not replaced. Is this normal? Really disappointed either way.
Sponsored