Sponsored

Bright White grille turning yellow

LYBRTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500, 2019 Ford Expedition, 2020 JLUR
Has anyone experienced this yellowing on a 2020 bright white?
Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
2 week old Jeep 400 miles. Garage kept. 2020 rubicon. Fender driver side yellowing. I didn’t check grill yet. Just found out about that tonight here. my dealer is aware and Said via text he sees the yellowing. I’m waiting To here from them tomorrow.

forcucguys who had the pieces replaced. Any issue afterwards again?

LYBRTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500, 2019 Ford Expedition, 2020 JLUR
2 week old Jeep 400 miles. Garage kept. 2020 rubicon. Fender driver side yellowing. I didn’t check grill yet. Just found out about that tonight here. my dealer is aware and Said via text he sees the yellowing. I’m waiting To here from them tomorrow.

I just noticed the same fender on my 20 Rubicon looks very yellow. 1100 miles, also garage kept. Called the closest dealer to my house and they said they don’t have their own body shop. Said they have to take a picture, send it to Jeep warranty claims, if approved they send to a body shop. Said the whole process takes about a year and recommended that I take it to a dealer with an in-house body shop. Unbelievable.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

i had mine painted by Jeep body shop about a year ago and no issue since. Took about 500 miles as well to see it the first time.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just noticed the same fender on my 20 Rubicon looks very yellow. 1100 miles, also garage kept. Called the closest dealer to my house and they said they don’t have their own body shop. Said they have to take a picture, send it to Jeep warranty claims, if approved they send to a body shop. Said the whole process takes about a year and recommended that I take it to a dealer with an in-house body shop. Unbelievable.
Saaaay whaaaat! My dealer said he is talking to his manager today but he already said it looks yellow. I don’t know if they have an in house body shop. Hopefully this goes smooth.

Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
For most, getting repaint approval is a non-event. Saying it takes a year is their way of brushing you off so they don't have to deal with it.

Bill32

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
For most, getting repaint approval is a non-event. Saying it takes a year is their way of brushing you off so they don't have to deal with it.
My 2020 Rebicon is scheduled to have the grill and the surrounding grill parts and both front fenders painted. The shop I am going to said it was just a poor factory paint job on the plastic parts. Jeep is covering the cost of repair. But it is still maddening to see this on a new $60,000 Jeep.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My 2020 Rebicon is scheduled to have the grill and the surrounding grill parts and both front fenders painted. The shop I am going to said it was just a poor factory paint job on the plastic parts. Jeep is covering the cost of repair. But it is still maddening to see this on a new $60,000 Jeep.
no need to get mad as jeep doesn’t give a crap and won’t fix their process. After it’s painted by a professional it will be fine. 1 year strong.

AdamNash

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUS
Add me to the list with a 2020 with 1,000 miles. Glad I found this thread, I was about to go mad scientist with some cleaning solutions.

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
I have the same issue on my 2020 Recon. I am not seeing it on the grill, but the grill is black. I brought it to my dealers attention at the 5K mark when doing oil change. The body shop took pics and said it would be covered. I am going to wait a while longer to see if it spreads to other areas. This way they can do it all at once.

Ken~

Sponsored

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
no need to get mad as jeep doesn’t give a crap and won’t fix their process. After it’s painted by a professional it will be fine. 1 year strong.
Yep same issue on 2018 grill and all 4 fenders... Took dealership 2 times to get it right gave it back to me first time looked like they gave it to small kids to paint... with help of Jeep Cares they ordered new fenders had them painted properly and it has been good since... Yes it's a pain as between both times they had my jeep for over 1.5 months in total...

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m waiting on my driver side flare. Backordered they said till October 16th now. I guess my grill is there. I hope they ordered the surrounds too. I told them to.

Easy process so far. The salesman took care of it for me quickly. No drama thankfully.

So I’m just in a holding pattern right now.

AdamNash

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUS
I feel better after hearing some of the happy endings. Anyone have a good experience getting this fixed around TN? I know it sounds crazy but I’d be willing to drive to have it done right.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I feel better after hearing some of the happy endings. Anyone have a good experience getting this fixed around TN? I know it sounds crazy but I’d be willing to drive to have it done right.
take it to a dealership without a body shop so they have to outsource it. Any pro shop should paint it correctly.

Alxerod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Searching
Jeep Wrangler JL Bright White grille turning yellow 20201015_174100
Less than 800 miles. 2.0 liter turbo. Yellowing in fender and grille.
Sponsored