Bright White grille turning yellow

tnocar

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nocar
My wife is the latest person to have this problem. Hers is a 2019 Rubicon bought 3 months ago. It has about 4K miles on it. Waiting on the dealership (Heritage Jeep, Parkville, MD) to answer my message.

yellowing grill 1.jpg

yellowing grill 2.jpg
Sponsored

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@tnocar Mine was approved w/o @JeepCares involvement although they were willing to help if needed. I haven't had the work done yet due to waiting on anther part so I can have both repairs done at the same time. I also opted to have it repainted rather than roulette on the replacement coming from warehouse a vs b. Other have different opinions but that's my line of thinking.

Last edited:

Kenny121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
FWIW I took mine to a major Sacramento area dealership. They said they had never seen this problem before.

After a few people looked at it they agreed to cover everything (paint) and the car was ready in a few days.

So far it looks great and I haven’t noticed any issues.

Good luck to everyone working through this. I love how white looks on a Jeep but I might reconsider if buying again!

tnocar

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nocar
@tnocar Mine was approved w/o @JeepCares involvement although they were willing to help if needed. I haven't had the work done yet due to waiting on anther part so I can have both repairs done at the same time. I also opted to have it repainted rather than roulette on the replacement coming from warehouse a vs b. Other have different opinions but that's my line of thinking.
All fixed! My wife's was picked up today. I am glad Jeep is owning this and making the process easy to fix.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
dealer repainted and good for 24 hours so far :CWL::rock:. Dealer left under a tree now I need to her a bath.

IMG_2596.JPG

Sponsored

Rubicon4Life

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - White
Does anyone know if there has been a real fix to this issue yet? I purchased my brand new 2019 JLU Rubicon 2 weeks ago(End of May 2019), it has approx 100 miles on it and the grill is already starting to turn yellow. Jeep cares, are you available to help?

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if there has been a real fix to this issue yet? I purchased my brand new 2019 JLU Rubicon 2 weeks ago(End of May 2019), it has approx 100 miles on it and the grill is already starting to turn yellow. Jeep cares, are you available to help?
Mine started the first week less that 500 miles too. Took delivery in March. Some have suggested engine heat related.

Rubicon4Life

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have yours replaced/repainted? Do you know if there is a legit fix? Mine is literally 2 weeks old.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have yours replaced/repainted? Do you know if there is a legit fix? Mine is literally 2 weeks old.
No idea on fix I highly doubt it. Yup 2-3 weeks for me too. I chose to repaint as I figured a body shop was better than another shinny turd.

Rubicon4Life

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No idea on fix I highly doubt it. Yup 2-3 weeks for me too. I chose to repaint as I figured a body shop was better than another shinny turd.
How did the new paint job come out? Did they give you any insight as to why it discolored in the first place?

Sponsored

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How did the new paint job come out? Did they give you any insight as to why it discolored in the first place?

Nope the service tech said "yup it's yellowing, you want a new one or paint it". It looks great now. Time will tell

Rubicon4Life

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I kinda worry about ordering a white 2020, would like to know if there has been a fix too. @JeepCares , can you confirm?
There is no official fix. Jeep is playing stupid like usual. My vehicle is at the dealer right now. They ordered a new grill. They outsourced to a local body shop to get primed and painted. Hopefully the local body shop uses better quality paint, primer and whatever else to do a better job than the factory because they did a terrible job and it turned yellow on my 19 Rubicon within 2 weeks.
Sponsored