Bright white color woes

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
But to make it look like that picture don’t you have to transfer over the white surrounding pieces from the old grill? Do they not yellow like the rest of it??
Yeah. It does. It’s a faint yellow at the moment. When I take it in for first free wave oil change I’m gonna take my grill in as well and begin the whole process everyone else is doing with FCA.

I was always planning on doing the satin black grill this just made me do it sooner. I also plan on getting all the white surrounding pieces and my white grill fixed if I decide to revert back to all white.
Sponsored

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was yellow from the get go. We will see Wednesday if they fix it.

MY2020JLUR

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ S & 2020 JLU R
The paint process was the issue with the yellowing, not sun. Mine is going in for warranty work and the grill will need to be painted. It is the discretion of the dealer and FCA to repair. I would not worry about the newer ones. The problem has been corrected. There is an old thread about this on here somewhere.
I sure hope that you are right about the discoloration problem has been corrected. I ordered the 2020 white rubicon last week with the white fender flares too.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
So, at the risk of sounding crazy, I have a 2018 white Rubicon and was sure my grille was yellowing near the driver's side headlight. I even showed it to other people who noticed it as well, but I put off doing anything about it until it would be obvious enough to easily show up in the pictures required for warranty work.

Fast forward to a year+ later, and I can't see yellow now. I am really wondering if maybe it was wax or some sort of other factory coating that discolored rather than the paint, and over time with multiple washes, it was removed.

This is my first white vehicle ever. I am a bold color person (obviously, look at my hair), but I really loved how the black and red accents looked with the white Rubicon so no regrets.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Is there any confirmation that Jeep has fixed this issue on 2020s or late model 2019s?

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I have an early build 2018 white JLUR. The grill has turned a VERY slight yellow. not even noticeable if you don't stare.. It doesn't bother me. I also bought this Jeep (my 4th) expecting to have a few issues.. it's all in perspective.

And for all those saying you will only own 1 white vehicle, why is that? I've had LOTS of white cars... Much easier to keep clean then a dark car, doesn't show scratches much, hides imperfections, much cooler down here in the south...

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
2019 bright white with 5500 miles. It started yellowing with about 1000 miles on the odometer. I ordered a bright white knowing this was an issue with the 2018s but I wasn't concerned. I plan on getting it fixed then will probably have the grilled wrapped in bright white.

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
And for all those saying you will only own 1 white vehicle, why is that? I've had LOTS of white cars... Much easier to keep clean then a dark car, doesn't show scratches much, hides imperfections, much cooler down here in the south...
I totally agree. If you have ever had one, you realize that contrary to what you might logically think, white is actually one of the colors LEAST likely to show dirt. I had a hard time talking myself into washing it because it never really looked very dirty.

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I totally agree. If you have ever had one, you realize that contrary to what you might logically think, white is actually one of the colors LEAST likely to show dirt. I had a hard time talking myself into washing it because it never really looked very dirty.
Same. Love white. Looks great when its clean. Never really looks dirty when it is. I've had a lot of vehicles and my favorites have always been white, including my current.

Sand Flea

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
My last 4 Jeeps have been white. Never an issue with the color.
Shortly after buying my current JL, I gave the paint a ceramic treatment with Hydrosilex Recharge.
Best paint coating I've ever applied.

https://www.hydrosilex.com/pages/shop

IMG_7765.jpg

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Mine started turning faint yellow at around 4K miles. I will be talking to the dealer and seeing my options for repainting. The drivers side is the side that is turning faint yellow. Until then I decided to roll satin black.

Nonetheless, I’m completely happy with the bright white. It’s stunning!

F82B790F-5F5E-4DC7-9B39-D149395C7873.jpeg
The black really compliments the look of the white Jeep! Nice!

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
We have 2 white Jeeps in our rental fleet and I've not seen any discoloration in either one. They're in the hot desert sun for long periods of time, too.

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
My last 4 Jeeps have been white. Never an issue with the color.
Shortly after buying my current JL, I gave the paint a ceramic treatment with Hydrosilex Recharge.
Best paint coating I've ever applied.

https://www.hydrosilex.com/pages/shop

IMG_7765.jpg
Been wanting to try a ceramic coating DIY. I just ordered some. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored