Sponsored

Bridgestone Dueler A/T RH-S vs Ko2 in snow?

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Just picked up a 2019 Sport 2 door, stock with the Bridgestone Dueler ATs. My main reason for having a Jeep is the likelihood of heavy snow in winter. Online reviews are very spilt on how these tires handle snow. Who has experience with them? Are the KO2s a lot better?
Sponsored

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
From what I've heard from people that have run them, those Bridgestones are good in the winter. The lugs are siped well so they should have great traction. I've run different sizes of KO2 and they were good too. I'm thinking of going to a 265/70R18 or 275/70R18. KO2's are a little pricey so I may go with the Cooper AT3 XLT in the 265 or 275 or maybe the Cooper AT3 4S in the 265. Haven't decided yet. I may even stay stock and use the Cooper AT3 4S. I just really like the solid white letters on the AT3 XLT.

Lone Eagle

First Name
PL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red JLUR
Greetings. I drive a lot in winter here in Canada and in upstate NY & Vermont. Used the Goodrich TAs on an old YJ, used the Bridgestone on a TJ in winter a couple of years and same on my current JK. That are good, as are the Goodrich, but not great. If you drive a lot of snow, not just side street snow but blizzards, snowed in highways on long treks, you want a really good snow tire. As it stands, my Sahara's Bridgestone are fine 3 seasons, but in winter, I put on Cooper Discoverer M+S: http://ca.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-m-s-suv
Sure footed in both snowy and icy conditions... I used these tires also on 2 Hummer H3s and they are tops. Totally recommend.

OP
OP
Mikeoso

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I've used both the Coopers and the BFGs on my Rams, and I know they're excellent. I'd just rather not spend the money to replace the Bridgestones on my Jeep if they're going to do the job.

OP
OP
Mikeoso

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Also, if I do move to K02s, what size can I put on a 2 door Sport without changing wheels or lifting....or spacers, or cutting out the Euros?
Sponsored