First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
I've slowly been educating myself and deciding on what direction I wanted to go with my lift. This is my daily driver, so getting a lift that would be decent on and off road was a big concern. Budget was a lso a factor in this even though I've gone a little (hahaha!) past what I had originally thought I would be spending. So heres the low down. I'm starting with a JLU Sport S in Granite Crystal, which is nicely equipped because I haven't bought a new car in a LONG time, and I deserve it dammit! The list of what I have put together so far;

MetalCloak LCA's (Holy crap these are beefy!)
MC front and rear springs (3.5)
MC front and rear track bars
my homemade front bump stop extension pucks ;)
Clayton rear bump stop extensions
MC Durospring bumpers
MC front and rear sway bar connects (no quick disconnects)
Northridge grade 8 bolt kit (you can put this together yourself but for pretty much the same money as letting Northridge do it)
Falcon 2.1 shocks
MC front lower outboard shock mounts

For non-suspension items, I have a Spider Shade full cover, hood decal from @pixeldecals, and Rubicon rock rails. A short list for now...

So far the only thing I have done was to put on the rock rails. Just bought a new house and between work, getting ready to move, and everything in between I haven't had time to get into it. It's ok though because the new house has way more room in the garage and it'll just be easier to install everything once we're moved in. I will post the before and after pics for sure including the obligatory hight measurements and will talk about how the install went, how it rides on and off-road, etc. :beer:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Looks like a nice list of parts.
Looking forward to seeing how the build will be progressing.

For wheels and tires, check out Dirty Life wheels and for tires: Milestar Patagonia's or the Nitto's.
For the steering, the Steer Smart stuff is really great.

Since this is your DD,another thing to consider is a long arm conversion.
A guy in my area has a JLUR then installed a front and rear long arm along with 37's.
He says the ride quality is amazing after he installed the long arms.
Much better than stock.

And what Spduria said, we need pictures of your rig!

Sponsored

OP
OP
@CBEUnion

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
Looks like a nice list of parts.
Looking forward to seeing how the build will be progressing.

For wheels and tires, check out Dirty Life wheels and for tires: Milestar Patagonia's or the Nitto's.
For the steering, the Steer Smart stuff is really great.

Since this is your DD,another thing to consider is a long arm conversion.
A guy in my area has a JLUR then installed a front and rear long arm along with 37's.
He says the ride quality is amazing after he installed the long arms.
Much better than stock.

And what Spduria said, we need pictures of your rig!
I do like the Dirty Life wheels, but I'm leaning toward Method right now

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Understand the Coronavirus puttin a hurt on your plans.
We still need some pictures of your rig. :D

OP
OP
@CBEUnion

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
Things so far. Yesterday was a great day to install the @SPIDERWEBSHADE JLU kit. Installation was pretty easy. I didn't even take the hardtop all the way off although it would have been a little easier if I had. The instructions are pretty straight forward except for the placement of the "Spider nubs" in the back seat due to the instructions being photocopies. We took BREWBICON for a spin after installation and I think that the wind noise might have been reduced a little... reduced but different. The cool think about it as you can see in the pics is that it also gives the look of a headliner when the top is on. Our weather in CT is still pretty chilly so I can't tell you how much sun protection the shade gives but I'm sure it's going to be better than it was. Can't imagine having a Wrangler down south without one of these!! (bought from Spiderwebshade for $200)

The Rubicon rails are my temporary answer to body protection on the trail. I know they can move and pinch the rockers.. even dent them, but it's better than having nothing! Plus they do look pretty dang spiffy! (Purchased as a takeoff for $50)

Lastly, I wanted to share the muffler delete I installed from @DynoMax Exhaust . The amount of clearance this gives is awesome. Yes, it can be loud. I know there are more options including a mini muffler setup that now I can't remember who the mfg is, but I'm pretty happy with this plus the price is $99. Hard to beat!

IMG_4128.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4133.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
@CBEUnion

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
Installed a Pedal Commander today to see if it would fix the hyper economy mode that the Jeep has been in annnnnd.... IT DID! Wow it's a very noticeable difference! I jumped right into "sport" mode and didn't really drive it very far though, so I'll know just how much of an improvement it's made by Friday. Still have to mess around with all the modes and fine tuning.

IMG_4163.jpg

OP
OP
@CBEUnion

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
The money so far not including shipping, taxes; (edited as new parts are bought/ any services done)

MetalCloak front LCA's (Holy crap these are beefy!) ............................................................................. $359.00
MC front and rear springs (3.5) .......................................................................................................................... $418.00
MC front and rear track bars ..............................................................................................................front $189.00
...................................................................................................................................................................................................rear $199.00
my homemade front bump stop extension pucks ;) ............................................................................... $3.00
Clayton rear bump stop extensions ........................................................................................................................ .$39.00
MC Durospring bumpers ................................................................................................................................................. $89.00
MC front and rear sway bar connects (no quick disconnects) .............................................. front $49.00
.................................................................................................................................................................................................. rear $99.00
Northridge grade 8 bolt kit ........................................................................................................................................ $44.95
Falcon 2.1 shocks .......................................................................................................................................................... $698.99
MC front lower outboard shock mounts .......................................................................................................... $99.00
Pixel Decals hood decal ................................................................................................................................................ $35.00
Rubicon rock rails (used) ........................................................................................................................................... $55.00
Magnaflow exhaust delete ........................................................................................................................................... $99.00
Spiderwebshade full shade ..................................................................................................................................... $199.00
Pedal Commander (used) ........................................................................................................................................ $160.00
Icon Rebound wheels (used)....................................................................................................................................... $850.00
Milestar patagonia tires, 37" ......................................................................................................................................... $1230.00
Metalcloak drag link ........................................................................................................................................................... $300.00

Total so far $5214.94
As I add more I'll update this post.

Last edited: