Sponsored

Breaking the lease on my wrangler

mischman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I bought a brand new wrangler leased. I'm 7 months into 3 years. It was fun for the first few months but is getting old really quick. Most of the common complaints you see posted on this forum weekly....i agree with and have.

I got a decent deal on it. Priced about $42K MSRP and got it for $38500. Its leased through chrysler capital. Its still in perfect condition. I read on the back of the paper if the lease is broken im required to make something like 2.5 payments if less than 25% of payments made, 2 payments if 25-50% of payments are made, etc.

Is that all it takes to break a lease is to bring it back and pay 2 or so payments? Can they deny it? How does this work. If thats the case ill probably hold on it through winter and then bring it back with 2 payments.
Sponsored

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl sport
I don’t think there is such thing as you explained. But you can try lease take over if your bank allows. If you got a good deal you should be able to get rid of it through lease transfer but check with the bank first

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl sport
Other option is trade in when you purchase another car. In order to that you need to find out what your payout is and see how much you’ll be upside down

drock317

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS - Ocean Blue
www.swapalease.com

They will help you do all the work with Chrysler captial and puts your lease in front of the world for someone to take over the lease for you. Cost round 1K-1500 I think for their service.

Sponsored

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
What issues are you having?
I’d love to know, too. Some of the actual serious issues posted here either are found on early builds and/or have fixes available for them. Honestly, though, much of what I see on here seems to be petty gripes, and nothing I would ever consider a valid reason to get rid of a brand new vehicle, especially one in a lease. Sorry you are unhappy with your Jeep.

deweysjeep

First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My two pennies: Try not to get legal advice on an Internet forum. :)

Disclaimer: The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice from my employer or the individual author, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through, this Post without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.
Sponsored