Sponsored

Brand New-Windshield Leak

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
So I took your advice and called Jeep. They wouldn't open a claim and said I'd have to continue going through the dealership. They offered to call the dealership and tell them they don't handle that either. The dealership has now said they don't know how to start the claim process and they have a call into their regional rep for guidance. Truly unbelievable how inept of an operation Jeep runs.
@onemoreokie

Never have heard / read anyone saying that they called the Dedicated # and were put off as you were... -Strange-

Yes, I have heard dealers say they needed to contact their "Zone rep" for guidance/direction in regard to handling a matter.

Did you speak to the Service Manager.... Let us know how things proceed on this... after they talk to the Zone Rep.

Sponsored

OP
OP
onemoreokie

onemoreokie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus GX460, 2021 JLU Rubicon XR
@onemoreokie

Never have heard / read anyone saying that they called the Dedicated # and were put off as you were... -Strange-

Yes, I have heard dealers say they needed to contact their "Zone rep" for guidance/direction in regard to handling a matter.

Did you speak to the Service Manager.... Let us know how things proceed on this... after they talk to the Zone Rep.

Here’s the latest text from the dealership who still won’t open a warranty claim.

“She (service manager) said that the last time we did glass replacement without pre-authorization, Jeep denied the claim and we lost $1,500 for something that was the manufacturer’s fault.”

Customer care at its finest.

OP
OP
onemoreokie

onemoreokie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the dealership is telling me 2-3 months to get a replacement piece of glass. They don't want to put a regular Jeep windshield in it for some reason.

I'm left with a leaking windshield through the winter months in the mountains.
What would you do? Vehicle is 10 days old with about 150 miles. I like the Jeep other than dealing with the dealer/manufacturer.

Sponsored

LucyB2

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I had Gorilla glass in mine. Y+The dealership warrantied the windshield seal. However it shattered when they were replacing it It took 6 weeks to get another windshield. Best of luck.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
So the dealership is telling me 2-3 months to get a replacement piece of glass. They don't want to put a regular Jeep windshield in it for some reason.

I'm left with a leaking windshield through the winter months in the mountains.
What would you do? Vehicle is 10 days old with about 150 miles. I like the Jeep other than dealing with the dealer/manufacturer.
While you're fighting this battle, run some butyl tape along the spot where it's leaking. Warm it up with a hair dryer and that should block the leak while you wait for your dealership to do months of intense training on the intricacies of a warranty claim.

OP
OP
onemoreokie

onemoreokie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had Gorilla glass in mine. Y+The dealership warrantied the windshield seal. However it shattered when they were replacing it It took 6 weeks to get another windshield. Best of luck.
My dealership doesn’t do glass work and Safelight won’t touch it without a replacement windshield on site.

The dealership as of yesterday still hadn’t ordered a windshield. I refused to leave the dealership yesterday without speaking to the GM. He said all the right things, so we will see if any progress gets made. I’m not that optimistic. I’ve also got Jeep corporate involved and have a case number/Stellantis contact.

LucyB2

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wishing you the bet of luck! The supply chain is severely delayed. I hope you can get it remedied in a timely fashion.

I picked up my Jeep and noticed that there are a few gaps in the seal. (Facepalm)
I had an appointment to drop it off at AEV later that day for a build. I wanted to run water on it, But decided against it. Once I get my Jeep back I will assess the situation. They put a 4 inch scratch in the door while they had it. It was also delivered with a tear in the door weatherstripping. That part is also on backorder and it has to go back for paint anyway.

Trying hard to be patient, just want the Jeep I dreamed of.

Sponsored

OP
OP
onemoreokie

onemoreokie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well an update on the leaking windshield. After two months the dealership got the glass replaced and reinstalled. The repair was done in the parking lot of the dealership, by a subcontractor in 25 degree weather. Here are a few picks of the sloppy job including some paint damage from prying out the old glass (I’m assuming). After four days of letting sealant dry/cure in my heated garage I took it to the car wash this morning. I had a couple drops of water inside in a different spot. Next step is to find a different glass company and attempt a reinstall.
Jeep Wrangler JL Brand New-Windshield Leak EA9D7DAB-AF28-4CB3-ADC7-5118CE3AD627
Jeep Wrangler JL Brand New-Windshield Leak 196BE7EA-9845-483A-B879-ECB6B7B092CA
Jeep Wrangler JL Brand New-Windshield Leak 9083F72E-F04D-4418-AA89-CEEBEB12CB22

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Well an update on the leaking windshield. After two months the dealership got the glass replaced and reinstalled. The repair was done in the parking lot of the dealership, by a subcontractor in 25 degree weather. Here are a few picks of the sloppy job including some paint damage from prying out the old glass (I’m assuming). After four days of letting sealant dry/cure in my heated garage I took it to the car wash this morning. I had a couple drops of water inside in a different spot. Next step is to find a different glass company and attempt a reinstall.
That's absolutely pathetic. Uggh, sorry!

LucyB2

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel your pain. Thankfully, mine is not leaking since the repair. I hope you get your situation resolved.
Sponsored