Sponsored

Brand new Rubicon broke down within 1 hour after delivery

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I really love my Rubicon. There is no other vehicle that compares to it.

I wish they had better Quality Control, but it is what it is.

It is sad that PR issues are more important to companies than customer service.
Hopefully you will be on the road soon.
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
EDIT: I just reread and realized you said they're replacing the ECM.

Hope they get you back on the road soon, and the joy comes back.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I disagree. Without details (dealership, service manager, case numbers) this story, sympathetic as it is, has no legs and won't catalyze any results outside what is already in motion. It's basically "Hey audience X, I had a problem with my Jeep and it hasn't been fixed in less than a week!" You can change X to JL owners or Wrangler owners or Jeep owners or JeepCares or [email protected], without names and specifics, it's DOA.

/That's probably not the CEO's email.
//Love how it turned into a link though.
I'd like to agree, but as I mentioned earlier in the thread, her story is sensationalized by the fact that it was on the drive home from the dealer. Regardless of what the problem is or if it is known at all, it will attract attention. That's why this thread is 12 pages long without any real diagnosis.

I really sympathies with the OP. I can't imagine this happening. Luckily the weather sucks and you're not missing any top down driving.

zamboniman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Not that it helps.. but when I took delivery of my TJ Rubi it had a drive shaft/ujoint issue from the factory. It was a special order vehicle and we didn't test drive it on the highway prior to taking delivery. But on the way home once at highway speed the whole vehicle shook so bad you couldn't see out of the mirrors. Regardless the dealer was able to get it resolved later that day and all was good for the remainder of ownership.

OP
OP

ny_wrangler

First Name
Mi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Update :

Finally got a call from Customer Service. They said they will get in touch with the dealer, figure out the problem and try to expedite the case. A little after that the dealer called - actually got a lot of calls from dealer after that. But the first call was to let me know my car would be ready today. The second one was from their customer relations who went over the details once again and the third one was from my salesperson. He was very apologetic and told me this has never happened before and he would personally deliver me my Rubicon today.

I was very hesitant to post anything on the social media sites. Although, I know had I done that, it would have gotten a lot of attention. In fact I was approached by a news channel that wanted to run my story. But I also realized that my taking such actions could have a big impact on many innocent people. My salesperson was not at fault. I don't even know I should blame the whole dealership due to one employee handling the situation badly. And like many of you pointed out - this was a very rare incident.

So many of you assured me that sooner or later Jeep will take care of me. Many of you have been owners of multiple Wranglers. So I decided to trust your experiences and be patient. I do hope someone at Jeep Corporate realizes that they need to improve their customer service. You all did way better job in assuring me that I would be taken care of then them. They should really appreciate such loyalty and step up with their customer care.

Thanks again for your support and suggestions.

And now I am super excited to get my hands on my new baby.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Finally got a call from Customer Service. They said they will get in touch with the dealer, figure out the problem and try to expedite the case. A little after that the dealer called - actually got a lot of calls from dealer after that. But the first call was to let me know my car would be ready today. The second one was from their customer relations who went over the details once again and the third one was from my salesperson. He was very apologetic and told me this has never happened before and he would personally deliver me my Rubicon today.
The next call from the dealer will beg you to give them an outstanding evaluation on the fca survey .

Wait a month to make sure there are not more problems . You don't need to complete their survey right away , or never .

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Update :

I was very hesitant to post anything on the social media sites. Although, I know had I done that, it would have gotten a lot of attention. In fact I was approached by a news channel that wanted to run my story. But I also realized that my taking such actions could have a big impact on many innocent people. My salesperson was not at fault. I don't even know I should blame the whole dealership due to one employee handling the situation badly. And like many of you pointed out - this was a very rare incident.

So many of you assured me that sooner or later Jeep will take care of me. Many of you have been owners of multiple Wranglers. So I decided to trust your experiences and be patient. I do hope someone at Jeep Corporate realizes that they need to improve their customer service. You all did way better job in assuring me that I would be taken care of then them. They should really appreciate such loyalty and step up with their customer care.

Im happy you’re getting a quick resolution and hope it’s alll great from now on. You seem like a super person in how you’re able to forgive and go on with things. Kudos to you ma’am! :clap:

Last edited:

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Update :

Want pictures when you get it.

unixfool

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU - Sting Gray 2.0L Hard Top Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
OP, once you get your vehicle back, look under the climate controls, under the center knob...you should see your hazard lights (you asked about that in your initial post).

In fact, I suggest spending time with the manual, as it will help you become familiar with your Wrangler.

I had a similar issue where I had a CEL at 200 miles in my new JLU. I trusted the dealer to fix it, found out the cause within 2 hours of giving it back to the dealer, then waiting 3 days for the part to arrive and another day for the install. I'm at 1200 miles now with no issues.

In everything you buy, there could be lemons or issues. Where some Wrangler owners have had an issue (or two), there are many more that have had none. One issue alone on a first year model is nothing, 3 breakdowns caused by the same issue/part...that's enough to make a lemon law claim, but there aren't many people that can claim in these forums that they've had such issues (there are some but hardly an amount that could substantiate the negativity in these forums). I wasn't exactly a happy camper when the dealer had my vehicle but crap happens, and they also rented me, on their dime, for 4 days, a JK to drive while mine was being fixed...that was something.

When you get your Jeep back, have fun with it!

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yea!!!!! Glad to hear they took care of you, and you're finally going to get to enjoy your new Jeep.

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ha ha, my first though was "that's a lot of red", then I see the first posted response in that thread was the same thought.

So Mi, what color is your Jeep anyway?

Rockit73

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sprt S, 02 Night Train, 2016 F6B
Hi there,

This is my first post here.
I signed up to thank the OP for sharing.

As a car/motorcycle enthusiast who has been lusting after a Jeep Wrangler for years, and ready to finally dive in, I appreciate you sharing your situation.

Cost, reliability and practicality have been the major deterrents to making a purchase.
I can imagine how horrible it would be to finally go for it, just for it to break down on the initial drive home. Not to mention the initial lack of response from the dealership or Jeep.

But, it looks like you’re headed towards a happy resolution. I hope you have nothing but greatness after this lil speed bump, and fully realize all of your Jeep fantasies. :)

My 2011 Mustang gave me a traction control system warning light on the way home from buying it. I was perturbed. Driving some lil cheap piece of crap rental for a couple days made it worse.
I got the fixed Stang back and it has been awesome ever since. Same will happen for you!

Hi to everyone else. I’ve learned more about the JL models and pricing in the past two days from this site than anywhere else since its been out. Looking forward to joining y’all in ownership, soon.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Cost, reliability and practicality have been the major deterrents to making a purchase.
All three of your deterrents would be solved by finding a JK 2-door , lol .

( Unless you like the electronics in the JL .)

Rockit73

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sprt S, 02 Night Train, 2016 F6B
All three of your deterrents would be solved by finding a JK 2-door , lol .

( Unless you like the electronics in the JL .)
Hi!
Not having any kiddos, it's not out of the question. I rented a JKU on a recent trip to Cali, and really enjoyed it. Kinda pushed me over the edge to go for one. Currently in the studying stage. There's a vast market for used Wranglers. TJs, LJs, JKs and JLs all looking inviting for different reasons. I'm surprised by how many miles are on some of the used Jeeps. They rival my 97 Ford Ranger, and look a whole lot better, lol.
Sponsored