DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
C’mon man. I KEEP seeing various people on this forum saying this. That every manufacturer has cars take a shit an hour after driving offf the lot. First of all, that still wouldn't make this any better or vaguely acceptable. And what Lexus have you seen, heard of, or read about doing this? Perhaps it has, but I’ve never heard of such. If you have, please show me. It’s undenable that there seems to be one quality issue after another after another biting owners of brand new Jeep Wranglers.

OP sorry this happened to you. It’s almost like someone crashing into you when you drive off the lot. Yes, it can be fixed but you never forget it and you never get to feel like your vehicle is new. Hopefully it’s something small and easy to fix that’s not going to be something that causes you long term problems. Please let us know what it ends up being so we can add it to the list of things to watch for. Good luck.
So you think there is a car company making tens of thousands of cars that has never had one break down on the drive home from the dealer? Ok. I didn't say it was acceptable, either. I'm saying let's see what the problem is before going nuts with the world falling apart and acting like there is a vast FCA conspiracy to sell you a Jeep and then laugh as this happens. It sucks, but very well could be an easily fixed issue.

Btw, last I checked, Lexus dealers had service departments with certified mechanics, lifts, and parts departments.

I hope OP gets his Jeep back quickly and this becomes a distant memory.
Sponsored

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
FCA doesn't seem to care because of this blind irrational loyal following Wrangler has. Any other car would be already all over the news and proclaimed not safe for public roads . With Wrangler it doesn't matter, as long as the fenders fit some redneck 40" tractor tires
Calm down there, Francis.
My wife’s last BMW was delivered to us with 2 miles on it and still in transport mode. We found out the hard way. Sure it was not the most enjoyable first couple of days with a brand new, pretty expensive automobile, but the dealer corrected it, made good on the mistake and the car has been absolutely flawless since.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Someone at the factory said a engineer told him 400 out of 1000 warranty problems are battery related. Maybe the OP's JL was on the lot for awhile and one of the batteries is bad? Hope it's something quick and easy to fix.

Last edited:

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I would make an effort to go with the v6 after that..
Hopefully the OP's problem is a simple fix like fuses not being seated or a bad battery. The majority of both engines are probably problem free. It's just the luck of the draw. You can get a bad 2.0 or 3.6. The 3.6 has been around longer for sure but there are reports of a few failing also. This owner's 3.6 needs new rockers.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/v6-cylinder-misfire.17078/page-3#post-434174

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/p0340-cel-ess-tcs-esc.14908/

Last edited:

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Thanks all. Will get update from dealer on Monday.

What pics? My new baby on the tow truck. That hurted bad. Will post soon.
most people get a snapshot picking up their new vehichle, your dealer must suck, its a low cost nice polite thing every dealer I have scene does.

what dealer did you buy it from

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
It’s undenable that there seems to be one quality issue after another after another biting owners of brand new Jeep Wranglers.
Please let us know what it ends up being so we can add it to the list of things to watch for. Good luck.
Exactly so !

With FCA it seems to be the "luck of the draw" , with some bad surprises , which linger unresolved in the electronics , such as weird steering . What if you got the weird steering whilst driving home for the first time on icy roads , si ?

With Toyota , it is reliably dependable to receive a vehicle which can steer .

Once again , @Jeep noob has the common sense .

Sponsored

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
Thanks all. Will get update from dealer on Monday.

What pics? My new baby on the tow truck. That hurted bad. Will post soon.
"That hurted bad"...Seriously????
I smell an 8 year old troll.......

Just sayin....

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Ya know, the over exaggeration of EVERY issue gets a little old. OP's ride is at the dealer, let's see what happens. Sounds like the fuse seating issue to me.

//hot take//

Regardless, let's use Lexus as an example. My old man's ES300 had 150k on it when it was t-boned and totaled, no issues. He replaced it with a used GS350, which now has 95k on it, running like silk. My best friend's IS250's engine gave up the ghost at 7k--not typo--sending him spinning off the road. And necessitating an engine replacement. Goodbye resale value.

Examples for other vehicles are not as prolific for a damn good reason. Lexus and Toyota owners, for example, are not buying a beloved vehicle, they're buying an appliance. If it fails, they get a "repairman" to fix it. Why post about it on a forum? Are there a lot of posts for failed washing machines? My best friend didn't post his experience.

Moreover, most people who drive appliances don't NOTICE issues. The steering issue is just such a problem. The really extreme cases are obvious, but some of our members aren't sure whether or not they have the issue, and this forum represents the most aware Jeep customers. You expect folks who flatly don't care about their car beyond getting to and from their kid's soccer games to be aware and post?

//hot take over//

Sorry OP, you just stumbled into some bitter arguments. Your ride shouldn't have failed, and it sucks. Let us know how things turn out.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly so !

With FCA it seems to be the "luck of the draw" , with some bad surprises , which linger unresolved in the electronics , such as weird steering . What if you got the weird steering whilst driving home for the first time on icy roads , si ?

With Toyota , it is reliably dependable to receive a vehicle which can steer .

Once again , @Jeep noob has the common sense .
OH, Toyota reliability to you say? Steering issues you exclaim?

https://www.google.com/search?q=tac...YMKHe5TCGoQrQIoBDAAegQIBxAN&biw=1713&bih=1030

Make a forum and I'll find you dozens of owners with "the grass is greener on the other side" syndrome.

JLClt

First Name
Smolniy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M240i
I love this googling and linking other manufacturers examples how they also break.
This is just silly. There has never been a Toyota or a Lexus with so many problems, stop googling

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I love this googling and linking other manufacturers examples how they also break.
This is just silly. There has never been a Toyota or a Lexus with so many problems, stop googling
I'm just going to assume you're being sarcastic. Enjoy your Sunday.
Sponsored