Brand new owner/user considering a custom Hi Lift mount

arthurino

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Hi there. New JL Rubicon 4 door owner and after 3 weeks of ownership I discovered there appears to be a shortage of JL-specific aftermarket support for mounting a hi-lift jack. I am not too keen on mounting it inside on the rear "rollbar". Given that I own a company that manufactures things (albeit not remotely related to Jeeps), I'm contemplating building a horizontal front bumper mount design. My thinking is the placement would avoid impacting center of gravity, allow for ease of access and not risk damaging the hood (another option I've seen that I'm not too excited about). Any input would be appreciated. Look forward to any and all replies. Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

arthurino

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Thanks for the replies. I ended up impulse buying a roof.rack and may end up mounting the hi-lift up top. Not doing any insane rock crawling, so hopefully it does well. I'll know more in a couple weeks when I do some back country camping with the new setup. Thanks again for input.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Jeep JL Backbone, though I believe this could work for the Diabolical, too. Purchased the Hi-Lift hood mount, but installed it on the top of the Backbone just behind the seat. Drilled 4 holes and added bolts... that's it. Zip tied the loose parts and have zero rattles.

20191026_120430.jpg

20191026_120455.jpg

20191026_120547.jpg

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Hi lifts are pretty dangerous, I highly recommend the aev jack stand instead..

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hi lifts are pretty dangerous, I highly recommend the aev jack stand instead..
That's a really nice (albeit expensive) one. I think he may have been referring to the AEV Base that sits under the stock scissor jack.