Brand new JL pulling right when braking

nvblue

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I did some searching and couldn't find much about this for JLs. My wife has a new 2dr. Willys Sport and it pulls right pretty badly when braking at speeds above 45 mph. Her old TJ with a 4 inch lift used to do that, but I didn't expect it from a new JL. Is this common because of the larger tires, or should I take it back to the dealer?
Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
That shouldn’t be happening at all. I think a dealer visit should be in your future.

Edit: and tell them that it’s dangerous and it’s a major safety issue and you don’t want your wife driving it until it’s fixed.

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
sounds like the brakes are off maybe the left front isn't working at all or is barely working. call the dealer in the morning and have it looked at.

bhagen

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I think mine was pulling left, but check if your steering stabilizer is upside down. Some came installed wrong from the factory. Flipping it seemed to solve my pull.

Probably not the problem for you but it's free and easy to check :)

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I did some searching and couldn't find much about this for JLs. My wife has a new 2dr. Willys Sport and it pulls right pretty badly when braking at speeds above 45 mph. Her old TJ with a 4 inch lift used to do that, but I didn't expect it from a new JL. Is this common because of the larger tires, or should I take it back to the dealer?
U're not the only one

Sponsored

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
Definitely get that checked. I have a 21 2 door and there is no brake pull at all and I am running 12.5 wide 33's with a 2" lift. I can let go of the wheel and hit the brakes and it stays straight as an arrow. That is a safety issue. Also, I have a steering stabilizer on there but it didnt pull before I put that on either. Good luck

OP
OP

nvblue

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Thanks all. I'll get it in and have it checked. One of the reasons I bought a new Jeep was so that the dealer would have to solve the problems for the first 3 years. I got tired of fixing that TJ.

RJT79

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Wrangler Sport S
Will they still fix it? I’m on a lift, bigger tires, track bar and stabilizer modded already?

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
I had a 21 JLR, & yes , Only when applying the brakes hard, Mine pulled right also.
Sponsored