Sponsored

Brand New Jeep: is the rear end supposed to sit higher than the front?

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
This being the 4Xe, there may be a bit more to it due to where the center of gravity and front to rear weight distribution is at with batteries vs ice engine, etc. Spacing the front up an inch on the 4Xe may make significantly more difference on how much weight is over the front axle.

Not saying that is the case, but would be interesting to know. I like the look of the front being slightly lower regardless, and if you put any cargo in it, to me things look broken as that will inevitably make the back squat.
Sponsored

OP
OP
robynE

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
This being the 4Xe, there may be a bit more to it due to where the center of gravity and front to rear weight distribution is at with batteries vs ice engine, etc. Spacing the front up an inch on the 4Xe may make significantly more difference on how much weight is over the front axle.

Not saying that is the case, but would be interesting to know. I like the look of the front being slightly lower regardless, and if you put any cargo in it, to me things look broken as that will inevitably make the back squat.
Thanks Shawn. This all sounds right on the money. I got my 200 pound room-mate to climb in the back and it went right down level! hahaha. I told him I would have to haul his big ass around in the back to keep it leveled out. :LOL:

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
My only reason for buying it was the HP and Torque. The electric versus gas will just be an added bonus to play with. It has 375 HP and 400 Torque. Vvvrrrooommmmm!
This is the main thing attracting me to the 4xe. Has it lived up to your expectations in the power department?

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
My only reason for buying it was the HP and Torque. The electric versus gas will just be an added bonus to play with. It has 375 HP and 400 Torque. Vvvrrrooommmmm!
I have a benz diesel sedan that has torque slightly better, but it's a heavy ass car. I can imagine it's quite a freakin blast in a jeep.

I am interested in your thoughts as a driver after a couple months of it/couple thousand miles. And if you notice any behavior issues in Maryland weather.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
OH, and the engine don't go vroom. that is the 392, yours is more just mmmmmm. You could always add an aux button for a vroom sound when your running electric. Now that would be funny.
Sponsored